Pregnancy & back problems

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by sueq79, Feb 7, 2009.

1. sueq79

sueq79 New Member

Hi there
    I'm currently 15 weeks and have suffered with back problems for at least 10 years prior to pregnancy. I have had a discectomy and a wallis stabalisation implant in my lower spine and am really keen to know if anyone else has had this and then become pregnant. I have trawled the internet to find info about pregnancy & this kind of back problem, there there seems to be very little info. Would be really interested to hear how people with bad backs have coped through pregnancy and if anyone knows where I can go to access more info on this type of back problem & pregnancy

So far i'm doing good, but have concerns for when I start to get bigger!

thanks! :)

2. xkikix

xkikix Well-Known Member

:wave: Hiya Hun,

No advise i'm afraid but hope your doing ok?

Is your back aching at all? This pregnancy my back has been total agony right from about 6 weeks so I can sympathise with you!

3. allycat

allycat Well-Known Member

When your bump gets to a certain stage you cannot lie on your back when you sleep at night because you will wake up in agony! I'd get a really good supportive body pillow as that will help a lot as most of the weight will be on your front and can also strain your back in the night... :D xxx

4. twitchy87

twitchy87 Well-Known Member

Hope your back gets better soon