Back from Scotland and funny pains

Shaz

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Happy new year - I spent it in Scotland with OH and his parents - it's the dryest new year I've ever had!!

Anyway after a 9 hour car journey yesterday I woke up this morning with increased discharge and the odd period-like pain.

Also baby is feeling much more active down very low (where his little arms and hands are). Usually I'm getting kicked high up by feeties, but even though I can feel him squirming it's like he's shadow-boxing right down low. He's been head down for yonks, but it feels like he's shifted up a little bit and I'm feeling more movement down low.

Got MW this afternoon so will get checked out anyway - things just feel different.......any ideas?? Did anyone else have this??

Shaz when I got to about 36 weeks I started getting all these symptoms too, its totally normal.

The increased discharge just gets worse, sometimes I have to change my underwear it gets that bad sorry for tmi!!

Its due to baby getting lower in your pelvis and pushing down, they are all good signs things are going along nicely so dont worry!

all sounds good shaz let us know how the midwife goes. Happy new year also :cheer:

Thanks Girlies and happy new year to you too!

Midwife visit was interesting. They detected a tiny amount of sugar in my water (but this is probably more to do with the fact that I didn't have a proper specimen bottle and had to improvise with a Highland Spring bottle!!!).

But Baby is now almost fully engaged - they wrote 1/5 on my notes and explained that 4/5 of his head is down in my pelvis and he's unlikey to move now.

Did a lot of palpatation with him so I suffered last night as CJ does not take lightly to being pushed around so basically he started break-dancing at 3.00am this morning and just as he settled down Daddy decided to start snoring so I got very little sleep last night!! ARRGGHH.

Still it's good that all seems well and he's certainly very very active!

MW also said because he's so far down already my labour MAY be shorter than average because my uterus doesn't have to work so hard pushing him down as he's already there. Don't know whether to believe this or not, it's the dilation that takes the time isn't it!?

Shaz said:
Thanks Girlies and happy new year to you too!

Midwife visit was interesting. They detected a tiny amount of sugar in my water (but this is probably more to do with the fact that I didn't have a proper specimen bottle and had to improvise with a Highland Spring bottle!!!).

But Baby is now almost fully engaged - they wrote 1/5 on my notes and explained that 4/5 of his head is down in my pelvis and he's unlikey to move now.

Did a lot of palpatation with him so I suffered last night as CJ does not take lightly to being pushed around so basically he started break-dancing at 3.00am this morning and just as he settled down Daddy decided to start snoring so I got very little sleep last night!! ARRGGHH.

Still it's good that all seems well and he's certainly very very active!

MW also said because he's so far down already my labour MAY be shorter than average because my uterus doesn't have to work so hard pushing him down as he's already there. Don't know whether to believe this or not, it's the dilation that takes the time isn't it!?

Yeah....the dilation can take a long time, some people's babies are hardly engaged when they go into labour and the baby just shoots down into position so im a bit sceptical about this too hun!

A good thought to have in mind though anyhow :)

Try to keep optimistic!!! Every little tick on the baby scoresheet is a bit more reassuring!!!

How you feeling Jaidy?

Shaz said:
Try to keep optimistic!!! Every little tick on the baby scoresheet is a bit more reassuring!!!

How you feeling Jaidy?

To be quite frank Shaz...pretty fed up!!! Ive resigned myself to the fact that this LO is very cosy and wants to stay in mummy for as long as possible, but its not funny anymore haha!!

I feel like a walking time bomb ready to explode, but I know its ANYTIME now so that is a comfort.

Thanks for asking chick :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back