Baby Lying Low

Shaz

Reaction score
Hi Girls

Had another scan on Monday at 28 weeks (I get extra ones because I'm part of a pre-eclampsia study at the Bristol Maternity Hospital!!).

At my 20 week scan the midwife had trouble because little boy was lying head down and very low - and again this week he was head down (which isn't a problem) but also very very low - in fact she almost had to put the scanner thing down my knickers to get to him!!!

No-one seems that worried about his position - he's active and everything looked really good and totally normal on the scans and all the measurements added up so he's in very good shape....

Has anyone else been told their baby is low or had any experience of this? I'm into the last three months now and he's going to start getting heavier - it's already a little uncomfortable now and then because he is sitting low in my uterus.

Am I worrying about nothing???

Mine has been lying low all the way through so im told.
My midwife seems to think its brilliant that hes lying so low so i would try not to worry yourself over it :hug: :hug:

Thanks for that Eblinx - do you find it uncomfortable though? I had to stop riding my horse early because it was beginning to hurt!!

You're nearly at the end now so how are you find it? Do you have to wee all the time too???

Yea there is alot of pressure down there..and my back is killing! but thats probably because im so close to the end (yet it feels so far!).
My midwife was always saying how lovely and low he is..all the way through so it cant be a bad thing!

I suppose it's better than being the wrong way up!!!

At least if his head is down Shaz you know he is in the right position and its good he isnt breech!

mines been head down for weeks now. They keep saying they don't think she will turn.

The other day it felt like she was trying to lift her hands above her head. Felt like she was trying to pop her hands out and wave hello!

as jaidy said, at least he is in a good postion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back