Back from mw

Lilelephant

Reaction score
She couldn't do sweep as cervix is too far back! He is still only 1/5th engaged :-( she said his head is in the wrong position ATM to bring cervix forward!

I know it's stupid buy I haven't stopped crying! Feel like just going to be an someone wake me up when it is all over.

I don't want Xmas, I can't go on with the pain :-(

I have done everything and none of it has worked so what's the point?!

Sorry for being miserable but I have had enough!

Sent from my gorgeous iphone4

Oh sweetie! I know how you feel, but Orlando is the one who will decide when he's ready, and they wont take you seriously til you get to at least your due date, but I'm so sorry you are in so much pain :hug: xx

Aww :( Sorry to hear this, was hoping I was going to read this and see it all went well.
Orlando will come when he's ready, :hugs:
Xmas will go really quick for you, and he may even decide to move a little for your cervix to move. :) xx

Totally gutting but it's better to wait! If I baby is forced before he's ready it can cause all sorts of problems with you and him! He's safe and happy where he is :) have they booked you in for another??

Honey I know exactly how u feel...it's really hard to hear those things when u r, quite rightly, hopeful to get Orlando out soon. I am in the horrible limbo stage now of being in early labour but not real labour and only a little dilated. Xmas is the last of my priorities and I too want to wake up once it's over with. Saying that babies have their own agenda and we have to be patient and relaxed. Sending massive hugs xxxxx

No got consultant next Wednesday so she said he will probably try!

I have just told my mum i wot be going over Xmas cos I am in too much pain :-(

:hugs: don't lose hope. Things can change v v quickly,when I had my sweep he wasn't engaged and cervix was far back...I resigned myself to having to be induced-I went into labour the next day! 34 hours after having a high baby and unfavourable cervix I was 3cm dilated and v v low! xxx

yeah hon....anything can happen in 24 hours......dont lose hope xx

So sorry to hear the sweep wasn't possible and you're feeling so down. Thing is, like all the other ladies have said, Orlando will come when he's ready and there's not much you can do about it.

I know it's easily said and not at all easily done, but I would try and relax as much as possible over the next few days to get some energy for whenever the big day does finally arrive and get as much rest as I can - that might help ease the pain more than all the bouncing, too, and you might be able to get some enjoyment out of Christmas after all!

I know that you have other things on your mind at the moment, but maybe if you do manage to go to your mum's for Christmas it might help you to take your mind off things for a while and lift your spirits? You'll have your Orlando ever so soon now, sweep or no sweep - there IS a light at the end of the tunnel!

Aww hun, i'm sorry to hear this. I do know how you feel in a away though, I have had 4 attempts at sweeps and at each one they couldn't do it as the cervix was still closed, it's gutting. Only yesterday could she perform the sweep but i am a week over due now and my cervix has only just started to open. I did all of the "wives tales" too. The mw said the only thing that is actually proven to work is sperm and to have sex 3x a day, well i haven't been doing that at all as dont feel up to it but if you could find a way of doing it that's comfortable with your spd that could really help your chances. :hugs:xxxxx

thats it then.....from 37 weeks...sex 3 times a day for me. better warn sam x

Not much I can say except what everyone else has said hun. He must need the full 40 weeks and be comfy cooking in his mummy :hug:

Hope you feel better.

I havent even heard from OH so he obv really cares

Sorry to hear this hun! Keep bouncing and I'm sure things will move along soon for you!

On another note, I'm confused as to the whole baby being engaged thing? What does it mean? I was told i was 4/5ths engaged palpable?!xx

Sorry to hear this hun! Keep bouncing and I'm sure things will move along soon for you!

On another note, I'm confused as to the whole baby being engaged thing? What does it mean? I was told i was 4/5ths engaged palpable?!xx

You can only either be 4/5 engaged and therefore 1/5 palpable (that would mean head really really low down), or 1/5 engaged and therefore 4/5 palpable (which would mean head only just beginning to go down into the pelvis). Hope this helps.

Ah so I'm the latter. I know he/she wasn't far down in my pelvis. Got bid worried then as not ready for bubs yet. LOL. Thank you.xx

She couldn't do sweep as cervix is too far back! He is still only 1/5th engaged :-( she said his head is in the wrong position ATM to bring cervix forward!

I know it's stupid buy I haven't stopped crying! Feel like just going to be an someone wake me up when it is all over.

I don't want Xmas, I can't go on with the pain :-(

I have done everything and none of it has worked so what's the point?!

Sorry for being miserable but I have had enough!

I was exactly the same with my first sweep at 40+5, felt a total failure :(
That was the Friday and I had her the following Wednesday x
Chin up, you'll forget all this once he's here

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member