Back from Dr!

laurat

Reaction score
Hey all, well Im back from the dr. I posted a thread a week ago or so about my sutuation with her. Low down had a m/c 18 th Feb. Spotted every 2 weeks till May 9th and now nothing. 5 months on and need it sorted. Previous experience with dr less than helpful!

Well today I think I may have got somewhere. She appeared more receptive and listened (may have been since she ignored my pleas that I was having a m/c). She has said that I will get bloods done on Thursday. They will test my hormones for imbalance and thyroid problem etc. They are ideally to be done on cd 1 but as I dont have any idea when that will happen Ive to do it Thurs. Can this make the tests invalid?

Looking for advice to see if you think this is a good step. What to expect, how long tests will tale etc. Im also now so worried what they may reveal but need to know! So many questions but looking for all your advice if youve been through it!

I haven't got any advice I'm afraid but didn't want to read & run

I hope they get everything sorted for you & sending you lots of luck :clover:

xxxx

hey luvie,

i just had my 1st set of bloods done- my thyoid has come back at borderline hyopthyroid which can cause problems so that good that its being picked up! and also my testosterone level was high indicating pcos so im going for an internal scan on friday- so its crap when u find out stuff is wrong but step closer to fixing them and getting my baby x :)

levels can be bit up and down depending on where you are in cycle but as youve not had a period in ages then action is needed to see whats going on x your on the right road now x x

any probs give me a shout x x

Glad to hear went a bit better today. I think you'll have to wait and see what happens with the bloods - they don't take long to come back (electronic links nowadays to gps from labs), but getting the follow-up appointment can be a bugger - i suggest booking your follow up appointment to discuss results now for next week (results should be in by monday latest). Mostly if you call up for results, it is frustrating as receptionists not trained to say anything other than short message added by the dr.

Its bound to be a bit more complicated than just a yes no answer, so hence suggest appointment!

Good luck, and keep us posted with what happens.
xx

Thanks girls I really appreciate your replies!

Im feeling positive that at least something is getting done. Ill keep posted on the results! Got faint lines today on opk so here hoping darker tomorrow!

Learned my hubby has been thinking Im pregnant and thats why I dont have a period and have been upset of late. Almost felt gulity telling him he was just way too optomistic! Hes always the optomistic one and Im the opposite. Doesn't matter Ive done hpt's that are negative he still thinks it! Bless him!

Hoping I will be soon enough with a sticky bean! Baby dust to you too!

keep the positive thoughts going, would be awesome if you got an unexpected BFP - it does happen, especially when you start having tests done!!

:dust:

Hey hun, i had hormonal bloods done as i hadnt had AF for 10 weeks and results showed i had OV'd and sure enough my AF came the following week. hope you get on ok hun and find out whats going on. xx

Thanks Nurse! I just want to know now!

Yep, its the waiting around that really gets me too. Glad you are getting bloods done, my results only took a few days to come back. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back