56 days since stopping pill, no Af now what?

cherrypie556

Reaction score
Not pg as done god knows how many tests but still no sign of AF after 56 days and no signs. Had a teeny bit of spotting 3 times but nothing else.
If i go to the dr do you think they will just say i havn't left it long enough yet, i despetly want af to come so we can TTC properly but know i will just be upset if the dr says to wait longer. Also could i see thr nurse instead of a dr ?

I was on the mini pill :wall:

I dont know about seeing the nurse instead of doctor, think you would probably be best seeing doctor, either way I would make an appointment the worst they can do is tell you to wait but more likely they will look into why you havent had af yet the longer you leave it the longer you will have to wait to find anything out! It is probably that your body is just adjusting to the pill leaving your system and once this has happened your AF will return but, but I would see doctor just incase. Hope you get your AF soon and can start ttc!

You can get a pill to bring on AF hunnie but I'd go see the doc :) I saw doc after 40 days and she did a pg test but said if its negativecom bk and they'd look into it, but it came :)

yeah go and see a doc, 56 days a long time, let us know how you get on? x

hello

after stopping the pill my first cycle was about 60 days long it was a long wait but did come and i am now TTC for my first cycle

:pray:

mum2b?

Were you on the mini pill or combined. I havn't had a period at all, not whilst on the pill even.

Hi

Just thought ide say good luck and hope your pregnant or your af comes so you can TTC. When on the mini pill is yoru af not suppost to come?
I have no idea cuz i never took that kind.?
Katrina

i didnt have a period while taking the mini pill as i was breastfeeding also,(cant have combined pill whilst bf) but the mini pill in itself can stop your periods yes

got appoitment to see my nurse on Thursday afternoon, so fingers crossed.!

cherrypie556 said:
mum2b?

Were you on the mini pill or combined. I havn't had a period at all, not whilst on the pill even.

I was on the combined pill, so might be different but it can take time for period to come once stopping, Hope all goes ok at doctors for you

:)

When I came off the pill (I had been on the pill for 10 years) I waited 58 days to get my af - I too did hundreds of tests all of which came back negative. It took a couple of months for mine to get back regular, I had a few cycles 40+ days but they finally sorted themselves out and ended up having a cycle of 33 days. I know it's frustrating hun but they will sort themselves out.

Xxx

Does your docs know when you came off the pill? Cos when I came off pill, I was on CD 80ish when I saw doc but I added an extra 6 weeks on to it to make it a bit more urgent :wink: . I was on combined pill BTW. good luck :pray:

I hate to say it but I waited 11 months for my period to come back after stopping the DEPO Provera shot. Am I right in thinking you were on the mini-pill? Both of these are progesterone contraceptives and for most people they don't have a period while on it (I didn't on both the minipill and depo) and it can take a while for it to return. I hope I am wrong as the wait was agonising for me and I hate to think of other people having the same problem. No-one ever tells you this when you decide to use hormanal contraceptives (and Depo wasn't extensively tested before being put on the market, as we already had the similar mini-pill, so we are all guinea pigs for that one)!!! Never again for me!

Well it took me 2 years to restart having AF again after stopping the depo.

So it'll just take time.

No fingerscrossed dr dosn't know when i stopped the pill, i was only on it for 2 weeks as i had the coil fitted for 2 weeks priar to that (it fell out) but i was on the mini pill for 5 months b4 the coil. I bleed after the coil fell out, about 2 days after so have no idea if this was an af or not as it olny lasted 1 day, and if it was an af, then its an extra 14 days on top of what i already have so it would be day 70 today and not day 59. What do you think i should say? should i just not tell the nurse i started taking the pill again for those two weeks after the coil?

well went to see the nurse who was really lovely. I expected her to tell me just to wait for AF to arrive, but instead she seemed concerned as especially to me i've had symptoms that indicate pregnancy. I have to go back on Monday at 10am for bloods,where they'll check allsorts of things. She said she thinks i may of miscarried but i really don't think that at all as i never bled! Think it was the painful cramps i was getting that made her think this, she even said eptopic lol god :?

Hiya, glad the nurse took you seriously, it is posible to miscarry without bleeding, my doctors think I had a miscarage because I missed a period and have had lots of pregnancy symptoms had no bleeding at the time, if its early the egg can just be reabsorbed into the body and you just have a heavier bleed at next period, I had a very light bleed at last period but suddenly started bleeding very heavy yesterday (which is in the middle of my cycle) so I dont know if its perhaps delayed bleed form miscarage?

Hope it is good news when your results come back and that you get your bfp soon!! :hug:

good luck for Monday...glad you were taken seriously

Hi

Good luck hun hope everything works out for you
xxKatrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member