Back from a real bad mw appt

Lilelephant

Reaction score
So I am measuring too small and only grown 1cm since last apt, I have glucose in my pee again plus the SPD!
Being referred to consultant I can't stop crying! I have had it with pregnancy i want my baby out where he is safer

Awwww I am so so so sorry hun :hugs: I hope you get some good news soon xxxxx

:( was wondering how it went. Did you get to ask any of the questions that you wanted to?

Sorry hun, at least you've been referred to the consultant. I hope they give you some good news soon x x x

Yeah but she said all she can do is refer me to consultant :-( she was nice enough about it but I am so worried now

bless u hun,they offerd me an early induction if i wanted it coz of spd and my baby had allways measured small.totally understand about wantin them out early if u think they'll do better on the outside.big hugs hun xxxx

As long as he's moving etc then he'll be happy enough. My midwife does not rate fundal measurement at all. It all depends on how baby is lying and fluids and the placenta etc etc. I'm presuming you'll see the consultant soon then?
It was probably impossible for her to make any decisions for you, it would only be your consultant who could decide on an early induction or section x

Yeah he is moving loads so that's a good thing and he is head down!

As princess said the fundal measurement thing is very mw dependent and doesn't really mean anything. I've been measuring small the whole time, some weeks only gaining 1cm and now I measure 34 and im 37 weeks but Im 5ft 7 so figured if they're not worried neither am I as babe is probably lying long, making my bump small so try not to fret, hope consultant has some answers for you xxx and it may seem like he better off out of you but really atm he's best off staying where he is, you wouldn't want him out and then in the NICU for the first few weeks if you can help it xxx

Poor thing. Any idea how long uv to wait to see consultant.?

:hug: I wouldn't worry too much about the fundal height measurement. As they move down into your pelvis or if they're lying sideways it can make it smaller. I was sent for a growth scan with Sam because I was measuring small at the end and the scan showed he was actually well above average size. Hope you're ok :hug:

Awww hun, try not to worry! When I saw midwife last week, Lilli hadn't grown any! She had a good feel at her and she said its because of how she is lying and she believes she is ok! At least now you are under a consultant and hopefully they wont make you suffer to much longer. Did your midwife say how long it will be before your consultant appointment??

No she just said she will Ringg me tomorrow once she has arranged it. hope it is soon. I feel like crap I was just starting to relax and not worry

Fundal charts are rubbish! Isla was predicted to be 8lb and she was nowhere near at 6lb 12. Don't worry xxxx

Aww hun try not to worry too much.I'm measuring 2 weeks ahead but she wouldn't give me the weight. It's all a guessing game at the minute. Good thing your feeling movements and get the consultant to explain everything. Don't worry Orlando will be in your arms soon enough xxx

oh hun, sorry to hear you had a pants appt. glad the mw is doing something about it tho. as long as orlando is moving loads he will be fine. my mw doesnt like fundal measurements either, Pip was measuring big at my last appt, got my next one on Monday so will see what she says then.

try not to worry hun, you are so nearly there xx :hug:

I'm guessing your appointment will be soon then if they are calling you with an appointment. Don't worry hun, he will be fine! Like the other girls have said, its not accurate and are so very often wrong!

sorry to hear you had a bad day. sending lots of hugs.

:hugs:

xxx

Sorry to hear your appointment was poo :hug: It sounds like the fundal measurements aren't very well rated though reading all of the comments. Try not to worry. xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back