Babys heartbeat sound??

kim83

Reaction score
I'm very confused when using my angelsounds! I know I'm in the right place because there is a swooshing sound which I've been told is the placenta?? Then if I move it about the swooshing gets louder and faster but from what I've read apprantly the heart sounds like horses running or a train but mine doesn't?? is this the heart or not? :think: I like to think it is but not sure!!??

Hey

I've never really compared the heart beat to either train or horse, i just know its the baby cause its very fast - too fast to be mine anyroad, but pick up your own 1st and then you will definately know when you've got the babys.....

I recognise the sounds quite well from my student midwife days!! The sound like a long whooshing is the placenta as you said. Sometimes you can pick up your own heartbeat, which will about half as fast as the baby's... if you're unsure which you're picking up I sometimes use the other hand to feel my pulse in my neck to see if the number of beats matches up.

The baby's heartbeat sometimes does sound like a train or a horse but I have noticed that the sound you get depends on baby's position compared to the doppler. At times it will be a fast 'whoosh' as you say... I tend to get the 'horse' sound when baby is lay right at the front close by.

Anyway, I'm blabbering now... hope this helps!! :?

Well I have finally given in to temptation and bought one of these Anglesounds Dopplers as I have had a terrible feeling for days now that all is not right with bubba. I have just tried it now and I can hear my own heart beat but nothing else - I fear my concerns have been realised and I now feel sick.

I have a Womens Health Physio appointment this afternoon at 3pm at the Maternity Ward - do you think they will have a look to see what's happening or will they just tell me that I'm being a paranoid pregnant woman?

I am so scared.

Karen x

Aw honey try not to worry, this is the trouble with teh dopplers, it's not always that easy to find, even at your stage - baby's still quick ickle and if it's lying round the back or something you might just not be able to pick it up. I'm sure everything's fine but I woudl have thought you'd be able to get someone in maternity to at least have a listen to set your mind at rest. Good luck hon x

Two said:
Well I have finally given in to temptation and bought one of these Anglesounds Dopplers as I have had a terrible feeling for days now that all is not right with bubba. I have just tried it now and I can hear my own heart beat but nothing else - I fear my concerns have been realised and I now feel sick.

I have a Womens Health Physio appointment this afternoon at 3pm at the Maternity Ward - do you think they will have a look to see what's happening or will they just tell me that I'm being a paranoid pregnant woman?

I am so scared.

Karen x

I'm sure if you feel something is wrong they will have a listen... it can be diffcult finding baby with the doppler at times, especially when you are new to it so it may just be that he/she is hiding at the back somewhere and there is nothing to worry about :hug:

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I've just had another try with the doppler and still nothing. I am about to go to the hospital for my physio appointment so I will ask if they will let me have a listen.

Fingers crossed, I will let you know how I get on.

Karen x

Hello all,

Just to let you know, I asked the midwife if she wouldn't mind checking for bubba's heart beat and she was really nice about it. It took her a good 15 mins to find it but finally it was there fast and strong - Phew. Apparently I have an anterior placenta too which is why it took her ages to find it but she wouldn't give up until she did.

I suddenly feel on top of the world....

Thanks for your support.
Karen x

I've been trying for a week now and still nothing :( Well I think I haven't - I heard some fast thumping but by the time I tried to compare it to my own pulse it went so not too sure :?
I think these things are wonderful if they work for you but bloody worrying when they don't! Got a MW appointment on the 3rd so just going to keep trying until then.

Two said:
Hello all,

Just to let you know, I asked the midwife if she wouldn't mind checking for bubba's heart beat and she was really nice about it. It took her a good 15 mins to find it but finally it was there fast and strong - Phew. Apparently I have an anterior placenta too which is why it took her ages to find it but she wouldn't give up until she did.

I suddenly feel on top of the world....

Thanks for your support.
Karen x

Awww glad everything is ok Karen! :D Hope my MW does the same :)

Awww that's good news! At least if you can't find it in future you know why! :hug:

Hey Kim,

I wouldn't worry too much if i was you, at 13 weeks i think it's still really hard to find the heartbeat of your baby. When i went for my 16 week midwife appointment, i was really excited, as thought i'd get to hear baby's heartbeat, however my midwife said that in our area, they don't attempt to find the heartbeat as it's still quite early to find it. She then said, it left women in major panics and they would have to refer me for an ultrasound jsut to check all way ok...which 99.9% of the time it would be. So easier not being done in the first place.

Hope this helps

xx

Sorry to bump this up from last week!
But thought I'd let you know I finally found it!!
You really can't mistake it can you? :lol:
Was so loud and sounded like a right lickle thumper :lol:
So for all those out there don't panic! I've been trying loads and it's the first time I've found it at 14+1 weeks! :D :D :D
Very Happy now but can see this getting rather addictive!! :lol: :lol:

my OH won't let me get one for precisely this reason - if I couldn't find a heartbeat one day for whatever reason I'd completely freak out and assume the worst. I think he's right and I'm more controlled without one.

To be honest I wish I hadn't have got one! Although last night did make up for all these days and weeks of panicking!
But I think in future if anyone asked me if they should get one I would say no, for the reason I've just had! Can't be good all that worrying! Shame I'm not best mates with a scan person! Now that would be handy! :lol:

I completely freaked my hubby out a few weeks ago :oops: , i was convinced something was wrong as i couldn't find the baby's heartbeat - this is the exact reason why he didn't want me to have a doppler.
Of course the baby was fine, i was just being silly and i find the more i stress out, the more unlikely i am to find the heartbeat.

btw - i find that having a full bladder helps when listening to the doppler too, as apparently it pushes up the uterus finding the heartbeat easier. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back