Baby with cold and some blood from nose

frankie707

Reaction score
G has had a pretty bad cold for 3 days now - v snotty! Anyway this morning there was a little bit of blood in with the snot from his right nostril. He's gone to bed now - normally no probs there but he's howling, i've checked his temp and its normal, he settled when I offered him the boob again but then howled as soon as i put him back into his cot and there was more bits of blood from the same nostril.
Now my instinct is that he's burst a little blood vessel in his nose cos of being snotty and its not a problem but i would really love some reassurance as DH is away again so I'm on my own at home.

Can't advise Im afraid Hun But really hope he's better soon poor baby xx

poor G! can you ring NHS direct for advice?? I've not idea otherwise, hope you are both ok xxx

Tried them but its saying that they are really busy so only dealing with urgent cases. Seems to have all gone quiet upstairs (fingers crossed), would normally have just rung my dad (he's a GP) but he's on his hols at the moment!!-inconsiderate timings from him! :)
So pleased I have a motion sensor baby monitor, just hope he gets a good night's sleep cos I think that will help get him better.

Ahh poor him.

should be just as you said I think, or he has just knocked one of the vessels in the nose. Should be ok unless it bleeds lots or won't stop. It has been very humid, so maybee the pressure has built and cause d this, ot maybee due tok teahing pressure, as ear,nose and throat are all connected.

hope he and you have a good nights sleep

Well, no more blood and he seems much better this morning so fingers crossed he's almost over this cold. Thanks for the replies girls :)

Probably just a burst blood vessel hun from the pressure on his sinuses from the cold. Obvs keep an eye on it, but try not to worry xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back