Rhys has a cold!!

lisanat

Reaction score
Hi

Im a bit worried as rhys is 4 weeks old and has just got hs first cold which is horrible. The only thing is when I was clearing the snot out of his nose there was a litle bit of blood in it. Is this normal with babies colds.

Is there also any tips you can give to help hm feel better??

Thanks
Lisa xx

dont think you can give him anything hun because hes so little :hug:
but if hes really snotty get a bottle of carvol is just like albasoil only not strong its for babies and kids

put a few drops on a hankie under his mattress in his moses basket if thats wher he sleeps or add 5 drops into boiling water in a small dish and leave in the room wher he sleeps it will just help him breath more easily

i used it alot with Adele when she was little, she was really bad with colds :(

hope he gets better soon hun
take care
xxxxxxxxx

Harley was poorly when he was 4 weeks old, i could not give him any thing he just seemed to have a cough and cold.
but it got worse and didnt clear up in te end he was given antibitix he was only 5weeks old and 5 weeks prem.

not much you can do at such a young age, can you use snuffle babe at this age :think:

not sure about the blood either :?

hopes he is better soon.

but i swear by the nhs helpline they are great could give them a call ask if he needs to see a doc? or if there is any thing you could give him?

i have phoned them loads of times from having a rash to being constipated.
0845 46 47

ps try boiling the kettle putting it in a sausepan under his cot or next to his moses basket should help clear his nose. if he is im a mosses basket tilt it up a it using a pillow or book, my help him breath with having a blocked nose x

Thanks for replying,I will try making his cot higher on one side. I have put olbas oil on a muslin and put it far away from him just so its in the air which seems to help. Its just his throat sounds so raw when he coughs and I just feel so helpless.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back