I think he has a cold?

ASD123456

Reaction score
Hi,

Rudy had the starings of a cold yesterday and I was hoping it my have passed by today but now he's even more snuffly. He's got loads of snobs (snot) and is doing a lot of sneezing and a few coughs here and there. Apart from this he seems happy enough, slightly grumpy and sleepy. His wee also has a strong smell of ammonia.

Now, do I need to take him to see the doctors or is it ok to just leave it take it's course. Is there anything I can get to unblock his nose/ soothe the symptoms.

He also slept through until 5.45 thi morning, do you think this is linked to the cold?

Alex xxx

Keeping him upright will help with the stuffy nose.. let him sleep in his carseat/chair, pop a pillow under his matress in his cot. Also theres some plug in things that will help... sorry i don't know what there called :oops: You could ring GP if your worried. I would think the long sleep was prob down to his cold. Hope he feels better soon :hug:

hey hun! Jack has got a bad cold so i took him to the docs and was given some drops for his nose to clear it, and also told to get some childrens olbas oil and put a few drops is boiling water and put it in the room where baby is! i raised his mattress a bit as well! all these things seemed to have helped!! btw it says on the olbas oil that it is 3 months plus but the doc sais it was ok to use!! hope he gets better soon :hug: :hug:

ASD123456 said:
Hi,

His wee also has a strong smell of ammonia.
Make sure his drinking enough

He's got loads of snobs (snot)
Pop along to the chemist a get some sterile nasal drops, pop a couple of drops in each nose before each feed or when needed.

If his not got a temp, then i would just see how he goes.

Good Luck

Thanks for the advice girls. :hug:

I went out and got the oil and we now have a muslin with some on in the room with us. I'm also considering raising the head of his moses basket tonight if I can find a way to safely do so.

He's been pretty grizzly all day but thats what I would expect from a cold. Fingers crossed he'll be starting to feel better tomorrow.

Alex xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back