Weight gain worry

Mrs CW

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm getting a bit worried about Ds weight gain. I got him weighed today at 16weeks and he's 13lb 3oz. The last time he was weighed at 11weeks he was 12lb 2oz. He's gone from above the 25th centile, to the 50th, back down again and is now below the 25th. The HV didn't seem worried but it wasn't the usual one and she didn't really seem to know what she was talking about. He isn't a hungry baby and struggles to finish a 5oz bottle most of the time. Does anyone know at what point they start to worry about weight gain? Im seeing the dr next week do you think it's worth me mentioning it then or am I just being silly worrying about it? X

That's exactly the same as G, she was on 25, up to 50 and back down again, she was just under the 25 this week, and I've to go back in two weeks for another weigh, but our HV didn't seemed too concerned either. Xxx

The HV just said to go back in 5 weeks! I thought it could have been the change to ff from bf but the drop started before I stopped bfeeding. I don't know whether to mention it next week or not. Thanks for the reply x

Hi all,
I'm getting a bit worried about Ds weight gain. I got him weighed today at 16weeks and he's 13lb 3oz. The last time he was weighed at 11weeks he was 12lb 2oz. He's gone from above the 25th centile, to the 50th, back down again and is now below the 25th. The HV didn't seem worried but it wasn't the usual one and she didn't really seem to know what she was talking about. He isn't a hungry baby and struggles to finish a 5oz bottle most of the time. Does anyone know at what point they start to worry about weight gain? Im seeing the dr next week do you think it's worth me mentioning it then or am I just being silly worrying about it? X

I could've written that about my Jack!! He hardly ever gains any weight, we don't go to baby clinic because ours is rubbish but I put him on my scales every now and again and he's been 18lbs for ages! He also can only drink 4-5oz at a time (6oz at bedtime but only because he's half asleep). He eats a massive amount of food too but just doesn't gain alot of weight. He's perfectly healthy and is thriving and reaching all of his milestones so i'm not worried at all.

If you are worried then chat to you Doc, maybe you're LO is just 'petite' like mine? x

Id try not to worry hun my little girl had always been slow at gaining weight! She was 8 lb 1 oz at birth but at 18 months she's just over 20lb. Like claire said she's just very petite xx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

They only get concerned if they drop a full 2 centiles I was told.

This happened to Will....twice!! He was always leaving an ounce or two in the bottle and both times I had change the teat size up. He started eating lots more both times and went back up to the 50th! Worth a try Hun xx

Thanks all. I've spoken to my hubby who said the same things so feeling a bit better now. I'm quite petite and he takes after me sizewise and he's been rolling for a few weeks - at first it took him loads of effort so again that's probably affecting it too. Pos I've been using variflow teats since we changed as size 1 was too small and size 2 to big so he should get the milk at the pace he wants. X

I really wouldn't worry hun, if he's where he should be developmentally he'll be fine :)

I'm just ordering some shorts for Jack for Summer and am ordering size 9 months even though he's 10 months old tomorrow. If I ordered any bigger they'd fall down! lol x

Thanks Claire. Bless Jack! Dylan is in 0-3 months and can fit into some of his up to 1month vests still! I keep trying the 3-6 months clothes but they swamp him! X

Just enjoy having a little, light baby. We love it, his clothes last him ages lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back