Baby sleeping .. Hmm

Lou1103

Reaction score
Hi,
Honestly I'm so confused about this!
I don't think co-sleeping is for me.. Not 100% between a crib and a cot yet but my question is related to bedding/sleeping bags.

What do you or will you be using?

I feel like i would trust sleeping bags more than a quilt etc. But then I've also seen pillows for sale and thought they shouldn't be used in cots!

So confused!
To people who use sleeping bags / gro bags, what else do you have in the cot/crib with them?

Thank you! X

I have bought a couple of swaddle blankets since apparently baby like that according to the sales person at mamas and papas :) Also have a light blanket ( with holes in them so safe).

I assume babies sleep with a sleep suit or body suit and then either a swaddle blanket, normal blanket or sleeping bad on top or how does it work? :) xx

You shouldn't use a quilt or pillow for at least a year as they are a suffocation risk. Our 2 year old still just sleeps with a thin blanket; but her room is the warmest in the house (no fun in summer!).

We used sleeping bags when she was younger as they can't be kicked off and will reuse them with baby 2.

That's what i was thinking Maud and they can't shuffle down in them. I think swaddle blankets would be similar MariaIsabella. Seems so complicated lol.

I did wonder about sleepsuits in sleeping bags because I don't know if they'd get too hot (in summer anyway) x

I've been so stressed about sleeping as well, there seems to be so much conflicting advice. I've gone for a newborn gro sleeping bag thing but also got some cellular blankets so might use those instead. I think when babies reach a certain weight gro bags are recommended but for the first few months you just have to see what works for your baby. I was also told no pillows into baby is at least 12 months.

My little one was in Grobags at first until he started standing up. He's now 2 & in a toddler bed with a pillow and duvet but is usually too hot so uses a cellular blanket.

Pillows aren't recommended for babies at all. I only gave my son one when he was about 20 months as he got a pillow pet for Christmas and used that x

We use grobags but out LO is 6 days old and although is Above the min requirement for weight we use blankets until she starts to move more in her sleep.

Is Grobag same as sleep bags and do you have something underneath it such as a vest or sleep suit?

xx

A Grobag is a brand of sleeping bag. You dress baby as usual, so just a vest and a lightweight bag could be plenty if it's hot but you might need a vest, sleepsuit and heavyweight bag if it's very cold. It's better to put less on and risk baby waking up of cold than to overheat as they don't wake up if too hot. We prefer the lighter weight bags as a result but it depends how hot or cold your house is.

I'm new to it all & from what I've read & been told we've got a Moses basked for baby to sleep in with just blankets. We'll get a gro-bag too. Defo not a duvet or pillow though.

Yeah i knew pillows were an odd one, it really annoys me that people sell cot pillows at all tbh, there's no need to complicate it further! Lol

Ahh I understand better now. So i guess sheet on mattress, sleeping bag on top & if needed a blanket as well? X

I'm planning on using cellular blankets when in Moses basket and when I move baby to cot bed ill get a gro bag.

For first times Mum's is very confusing! xx

Yeah i knew pillows were an odd one, it really annoys me that people sell cot pillows at all tbh, there's no need to complicate it further! Lol

Ahh I understand better now. So i guess sheet on mattress, sleeping bag on top & if needed a blanket as well? X

You shouldn't really use a sleeping bag and blanket together. Just dress LO appropriately for temp under the bag & all will be good 😀 I always err on the side of baby being cooler as that will do them no harm, being warm not so good. My toddler still doesn't have a pillow x

Thank you :)

I agree Mel so confusing for first timers! Cellular blankets are the ones with holes in arent they? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back