Baby Showers?

Rachaellius

Reaction score
Do you think it's wrong to organise your own or should someone else do it?

See my sister was going to organise one for me but she lives away for most of the year in Reading where she goes to uni, she was going to do it last time she was back but had to go back a few weeks early due to there being problems with her house and she can't come back now until a week before christmas, so might not even be here when baby is born.

But anyway I really wanted one, mainly because I haven't seen my friends for ages, but I don't want to look really cheeky and make it look like I'm only having one for gifts, cos I'm not we have most stuff now. But people might think it if you know what I mean.

Hmm and I dunno whether I've left it a bit late or not, what do you think?

x

I think it's the done thing for someone to organise it for you but there's nothing wrong with doing it yourself IMO xx

Sent from my gorgeous iPhone 4S

If no one else has offered (i think they should) then yeah hell why not?! Dont mention about presents unless asked and see if as a get together before your LO arrives with some fun games etc XX

What of you don't call it a baby shower? Call it a Pre baby get together or something? Unless you actually want presents and then call it a baby shower but say on the invite you don't need people to bring presents... I know I still would bring something x

Hmm or maybe I could drop hints to my mom to organise one, but then that'd mean my mom getting in touch with all my friends :/ hmm!
I really don't want/expect gifts though I just want a party haha! x

I agree with kerry, call it a pre baby get together!! i had a rli early one done just from work friends and it was lovely. the presents were simply an added bonus. i rli didnt think about them to much without sounding ungrateful, it was all about being with people who are excited with me.. i say go for it.. xx

I had mine organised for me (sort of) but cos she lives away (my best friend) i ended up sorting it all out, and i really didn't want one because i hate been center of attention and getting gifts, but got to say i loved it!
Was really nice, relaxed and fun and everyone enjoyed it.
What i would do if i was you is to just go for it and organise it, you could send the invites from your sister and then just organise it yourself that what mine ended up been, even tho my friend invited everyone i did all the work and hosted it.
As for prezzi's i think the best thing is to not mention it at all unless asked and then say Prezzis are not nessecery. They may get you something anyway (everyone got me things)
If you want a baby shower have one i hated the idea before and then loved it so i would deffinatly go for it, anyway they are suposed to be your friends so shouldn't think your just doing it for gifts anyway!

My friends have organised mine for next Sunday and iv Been to 3 baby showers 1 was a surprise that i helped organise! and the other 2 were organised by the mum to be herself! So don't see it being a problem x

I doubt ill be having one. Most of my closest friends are male. My sis lives up north 250 miles away. Wouldn't be right without her. :-( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back