Baby Shower

mandspice

Reaction score
Is anyone else having one or has anyone had one and how did it go?

I'm having one the day after I finish work, I'll be 34 weeks. I have around 15 girlies (and a couple of feminine boys) coming to my flat on a Saturday afternoon and will lay on some afternoon tea type food (cake, yum) & a friend is organising some games. I know it's an American idea and not so popular over here yet but it's gonna brighten up this long pregnancy wait!

Oh, and of course I don't expect any gifts but they're definitely a bonus if people bring them :lol:

I knoe Suzie Babybee had one a while back she could pass on some helpful tips
i wanted to have one but dont have to space
The whole baby shower thing is catching on over here now more people or doing them there our even small buisnesses that cater just for baby showers organsing games adn activites
so id go for it
have fun 8) :D

sarah :wave:

I would like one but I live so far away from everyone (everyone is East)now I'm in Twickenham so it would be very difficult to get them all down to the flat, plus I'm not sure they would fit.

I am still considering doing it a venue, the Mamas and Papas shop on Oxford Street but it's a bit expensive (£!5- £25 per head!!!!!!!!)

Alex xxx

hello, im having my baby shower on the 24th May at my friends house (her parents are away) and its all my dad can do to bare the site of me pregnant or look at a scan picture! lol

Apparently im not allowed to set anything up! or do anything so two of my friends are arranging it, ive sorted out whos coming, but im lucky that i get to turn up! and have a good time :cheer: :cheer:

it would be good to hear Babybee's tips for a good baby shower! :D

I had one at 35 weeks.

Just had some girlfriends over and we had a party buffet complete with cheese and pineapple! :wink:

They all bought gifts and it was nice to coo over cute baby things with them!

We played a couple of games- they had to guess the roundness of my belly with string (I'm not easily offended!! hehe!) and I got some baby foods and got people to guess what they were eating ( :puke: )

HAVE FUN!

Mine is next Sunday, at my paretns house as I've been told to butt out and that it's meant to be a relaxing day for me and baby :)

My friends are throwing me one at the end of May when i will be 35 weeks.... I can't tell you anything about it as even the guest list is a secret to me...

J
XX

inforabumpyride said:
I had one at 35 weeks.

Just had some girlfriends over and we had a party buffet complete with cheese and pineapple! :wink:

They all bought gifts and it was nice to coo over cute baby things with them!

We played a couple of games- they had to guess the roundness of my belly with string (I'm not easily offended!! hehe!) and I got some baby foods and got people to guess what they were eating ( :puke: )

HAVE FUN!

ohh there good games! i think ill be playing thoes! :D

I HAD ONE! And i arranged it all myself, well with the help of OH! Our guests were mainly family.

We played:

The belly and string game
The baby food guessing game (strangely my OH loved the baby foods and felt the need to finish them!) :puke:
Pinata (we had a filled pram pinata)
Pass the parcel x3!
Make a baby out of play-dough (in a minute)
We took guesses as a sweepstake for baby's date of birth and weight

And we had lots of yummy food - like kid party food, pineapple, cheese, jelly, and instead of punch we had a HUGE bowl of choc milkshake with marshmellows floating on it!

And we had disney princess table stuff (napkins and cups etc)

WAS MUCH FUN!

and we gave everyone party bags!

We got our stuff from http://www.showermybaby.co.uk/index.php very quick delivery :)

My friend is organising one for me at her house at the end of May when I'll be 36 wks. It's a lovely idea as most people go off on holiday/back home from here in July and August as it's too hot to stay here. So if my baby's late (due 29th June) there won't be many people around to make a fuss! So my friends thought they should make a fuss in advance! Never been to a baby shower before, so should be an experience!

I would like to have one but all my friends are just so busy these days with work and their own lives that it is impossible to get everyone together at the same time. The only time we can manage to get everyone together is in 2 weeks and that is for an Ann Summers party at my friends house.
Would it be disturbing to have an Ann Summers/Baby Shower party? :rotfl:

Some girls from work are arranging me one, it's kind of a leaving thing coupled with a baby shower, they're organising it all and inviting everyone i just have to turn up lol.

Not sure what it'll be like, probably a few people will bring little things like the odd sleep suit for Tally and the rest will come along for some booze lol

BabyBee said:
I HAD ONE! And i arranged it all myself, well with the help of OH! Our guests were mainly family.

We played:

The baby food guessing game (strangely my OH loved the baby foods and felt the need to finish them!) :puke:
Pass the parcel x3!

And we had lots of yummy food - like kid party food, pineapple, cheese, jelly, and instead of punch we had a HUGE bowl of choc milkshake with marshmellows floating on it!

WAS MUCH FUN!

We got our stuff from http://www.showermybaby.co.uk/index.php very quick delivery :)

That sounds fab, will be checking the website out!

My friends threw a shower for me! We played all sorts of games and ate loads of chocolates and cakes! There are lots of websites where you can get ideas for the games. I would definately reccomend having one. I think the idea seems to be catching on here now anyways!

mandspice said:
Is anyone else having one or has anyone had one and how did it go?

I'm having one the day after I finish work, I'll be 34 weeks. I have around 15 girlies (and a couple of feminine boys) coming to my flat on a Saturday afternoon and will lay on some afternoon tea type food (cake, yum) & a friend is organising some games. I know it's an American idea and not so popular over here yet but it's gonna brighten up this long pregnancy wait!

Oh, and of course I don't expect any gifts but they're definitely a bonus if people bring them :lol:
hey.. dont know if you remember pm'ing me a while back... (kimbo) lol
but just saying your bump looks brill in your sig and cant believe you are 27 weeks already.
hope its going smoothly for you :) :hug: :hug: :hug:

BabyBee said:

We played:

Pass the parcel x3!

WAS MUCH FUN!

what did you put in the pass the parcels?

erm, some girly bits really. there was some bath stuff, a choc fondue set, and a candle and soap set i think - all pink :) and every layer had choc in it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back