Baby Shower!

Hellokitty

Reaction score
My friend has organised me a baby shower for tomorrow night!

Very excited, lol!

We have games to play like pin the dummy on the baby, and I made everyone a goody bag to take home like when you went to parties when you were little!

I hope it goes well as none of us has ever been to a baby shower before so we don't really know what we are doing!

Is anyone else having one or similar? :D

We are having one in May but its going to be a joint BBQ party aswell partly for my OH's birthday and so the blokes can come along and not feel all silly cause of all the girlyness.

I am still wondering whether to buy the party pack from the babyshower websites though :think:

not having one but hope you enjoy yours

I'm not having one.....sure my friends will shower baby with gifts when she finally decides to arrive :D

Flame said:
I am still wondering whether to buy the party pack from the babyshower websites though :think:

I haven't looked at alot of them, its a bit like a hen night in that your not supposed to organise it yourself, if you get me?

And its not all about presents, just having a laugh with mates before all the spare time is history!

:D

Hi

I just had mine sunday :) We played games had lots of food and got pressies for the new baby lots of clothes! It was nice to have all the girls together even though alot of my close friends didnt show :(
Hope you enjoy it hun :hug:
Katrina

Hellokitty said:
I haven't looked at alot of them, its a bit like a hen night in that your not supposed to organise it yourself, if you get me?

And its not all about presents, just having a laugh with mates before all the spare time is history!

I'm not organising the baby shower part of it, my mum is, i am organising the bbq side for my oh's birthday. As for the presents i dont expect any, i was thinking of getting the party pack for the games and the invitations and banners and things you get in them.

*saulino* can I ask you what games you played? Im having mine next saturday and trying to think of some fun games!

*saulino* said:
Hi

I just had mine sunday :) We played games had lots of food and got pressies for the new baby lots of clothes! It was nice to have all the girls together even though alot of my close friends didnt show :(
Hope you enjoy it hun :hug:
Katrina

A couple of my close friends didn't make it either which was a shame. It was a really good night though!

My friend got a lot of stuff from showermybaby.com which was all adorable.

We played pin the dummy on the baby, which some where much better at than others! :lol:

dum.jpg

I did get some lovely presents, but the best was this amazing nappy cake which my friend made herself! She said it was quite easy, so I'd like to have a go at making one for someone else in future!

cake.jpg

If someone offers to hold a baby shower for you ( I cheated and actually asked my friend to do it! :oops: ) I would definately go for it!

oh how lovely! wish i was having a baby shower :(

Oh that nappy cake looks fab.

glad you had a good time

Glad you had a good time, that nappy cake looks fab!

MaryMary: My sister and mum organised a shower for me. I've popped a couple of the games we played below.

Baby photos: everyone invited had to bring along a baby photo of themselves, my mum shuffled them all & we had to guess who was who.

How big's the bump: We had to cut a piece of string the length we thought would fit round the bump.

Baby food flavours: various different jars of baby food with their labels covered... we had to taste each one and match it up to a list of flavours. You could make it harder by not giving options for the answers.

Hope you have fun!

Hi

We played the measure the bump game,
also had 5 diapers and melted a different chocolate bar in each one and you had to guess what chocolate bar was in each diaper.. . some looked like real nasty poo :lol:
and we did one where you write a bunch of different items that are to do with mother and baby and scramble the words and the guests have to unscramble them.

At Kiaras shower we also played a game where you put cotton balls in a large bowl and you get blind folded handed a spoon and whoever gets the most out of the bowl wins.
Its actually harder then it sounds lol cotton balls are pretty weightless

Hope that helps a bit

Katrinaxx

*saulino* said:
also had 5 diapers and melted a different chocolate bar in each one and you had to guess what chocolate bar was in each diaper.. . some looked like real nasty poo :lol:

Katrinaxx

:rotfl: Nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back