Baby shower?

AngelCookie23

Reaction score
How many of you are planning on having a baby shower, or have had one before? I know it's tradition for someone else to plan it but I'm going to plan mine myself with my best friend. Really don't know where to start...I've never been to a shower and I'm unsure as to what to do! I want everyone to have a good time :) Any ideas please girls?? Thank you! xx

I have been getting a little down about this, as I wanted my friends to organise it all off their opwn backs and come up with the idea and everything. However, I am the first of all my friends to have a baby and none of them have even mentioned it - it didn't cross their minds. So, I mentioned it to one of my friends as a throw away comment and she said, "ohh, yes that would be nice" and haven't heard anything since!

I think I'm going to organise mine as well, just a tea party with cakes and tea one Sat or Sun afternoon. I was worried it would seem really self-indulgent and I don't want people to think I'm doing it just to get presents!!

But I want a shower!!! :)

Awww hun! That's what my friends have kind of been like, except my best friend she's really up for it but can't afford to throw it herself. I can see what you mean about being worried people will think you are just after gifts, I'm def not going to ask for them or make a list of gifts! That's not the reason I'm throwing a shower, I think they should be about celebrating the baby not about getting what you can out of it.

The tea party sounds like a nice idea! At least if you do it yourself you can be incontrol of things (I think I just like things being a certain way haha) xx

My mum is throwing me one in a few weeks at hers :) Its great for me because i moved from Nottingham to Cardiff and shes doing it at hers so its my last chance to catch up with all my family and friends in Nottingham before the baby.

Im not sure of everything she has planned but i know shes doing some posh little finger food for everyone and shes got in some champagne for us to toast to baby :)

One of my Friends let slip that another friend is planning to throw me a surprise baby shower. I don't know when it'll be or who's going so should be fun and I'm really touched that this friend is going to all this trouble for me as I don't see her very much these days.

i went to a friends one and we were all made to drink out babys bottles and played a game where we raced to change a dolls bum with a nappy blindfolded.. was fun

Been to another where we just had nibbles and chatted was nice to x

I think alot people wouldn't think to organise one because it's still really a very American thing. It's more our tradition to bring gifts after the baby is born which I'm sure all your friends are planning to do!! xx

I had one when I had my first little boy but deciding against one this time round as we're having another boy and would much rather a meet the baby party after he is born.
They are great though - I helped plan mine as I'm not the biggest fan of surprises (esp when they have to revolve around me). We had lots of the usual games planned but it ended up being just a nice excuse to catch up with family and friends before bubs was due. Its obviously about buying presents for the mum to be and baby but to be honest the people I asked were people who would of bought presents anyway so it was just more of a way to spend time together, make an afternoon of it and oooh and arrr over cute baby things. I've known some mums who've not opened any of the presents until after so as not to offend anyone as some people may spend more than others which I thought was quite good too.

I hope you girls enjoy your suprise baby showers! I think it's def a good excuse to get everyone together to catch up and talk about baby!

Drinking out of baby bottles sounds like a fun, different, sort of drinking game haha :p

becki28 I know how you feel I'm not good with suprises either, would much rather prefer to arrange it myself! Not opening gifts until afterwards sounds like a good idea. But tbh most of my friends don't have any money so I'm not expecting anything!

Thanks for all of the replies girls! xx

i went to a friends last year and my mum is throwing me one on 2nd april. although mine is a birthday and baby shower as birthday is on the 1st.

my friends one they did a guess the weight comp for a £1 each. anyone that gets the weight spot on gets the money if know one was to get it then the mum kept it to buy something for baby. they also played pin the sperm on the egg which i found rather amusing. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back