Baby Led Weaning Book - Anybody Want Some Recipes?

FebMum2Be

Reaction score
Got a fab new book from the library, it's a baby led weaning book with 130 recipes.. Some great ones in there if anybody would like me to post some xx

Last edited:
I'd be interested in some - especially any dairy free ones - struggling with ideas at the mo!

Any particular ones EM.. Will have a look now for dairy free xx

Just having a look through the book now, all of the recipes are designed around a family so you are not making several meals.. Some fab ones, I'll be posting in a few mins xx

Ideas for things on toast;
Hummus
Banana
Fish Pate
Tomatoes
Baked Beans

Alternatives for toast;
Rye Bread
Fruit Bread
Pitta Bread
English Muffins
Oat Cakes
Rice Cakes

Bubble + Squeak
1lb potatoes, cooked and mashed - leftovers work best
225g cooked cabbage, chopped
1/2 dried mixed herbs or fresh herbs

Put everything into a bowl and mix well, fry until brown on each side and warm inside, if pressed together well enough can be put on a health grill or eaten as a type of mash

You can also add in spring onions or any mashed vegetable you would like

Baked Potatoes with filling of choice, cut into cubes for baby to hold and eat, pureed veg could also be made for LO to dip into, cut into wedges or scoop the potato out, mix with toppping and put back in for baby to eat with a spoon

Preheat oven to 200 degree, scrub potatoes, dry them and prick. Pop them in the oven for one hour

Good food dippers;
Breadsticks
Sticks of raw veg, red pepper, cucumber, celery, courgette and carrot
Sticks of fruit - Apple, nectarine and mango

Bean Spred;
1/2 a 400g tin of red kidney beans or haricot
1 small onion roughly chopped
1 medium carrot cooked
1-2 tsp tomato puree
1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
2 tsp cider vinegar
1-2 tsp oil

Put all ingredients into blender, blend until smooth, chill before serving (will go great with sticks of veg)

Tuna and Sweetcorn Pasta Salad;

225g fusilli pasta
185g tin tuna (in oil or spring water, not brine)
1/2 270g tun sweetcorn

Cook the pasta, break the tuna into flakes, add the sweetcorn and mix together, wait until pasta is cooled and combine. The dish goes well with cucumber sticks, sliced peppers and tomato wedges, it is best served cold.

Beef and Broccoli Stir-fry
300g lean beef steak
2 garlic cloves chopped or crushed
3-4 spring onions chopped
1 tbsp fresh coriander chopped
1 tbsp sesame seed oil
4-5 broccoli florets, halfed

cut the beef into thin strips and put them into a large bowl. Add the garlic, spring onion and half of the coriander, add the sesame oil and stir well. Cover and leave to marinade for a couple of hours. Lightly steam the broccoli, heat a large pan until very hot and add a little oil, empty bowl into pan and add the broccoli.. Stir fry until cooked, sprinkle with coriander and serve with noodles or rice accompanied with green veg.

Adults may prefer this dish with soy sauce or chilli, simply take babys portion out and add the sauce to the rest.

Will keep looking and add more as I come along, there's loads and huge amounts of info and facts about BLW xx

My personal recommendations from this book (which has been my bible for the past 6 months)

- lentil & cheese bake
- spinach & cheese muffins (but don't add as much cayenne pepper as it states in the recipe as they will be too spicy)
- Moroccan chicken (although I omit the meat myself)
- tuna croquettes
- easy bread recipe
- hummus
- guacamole
- cinnamon apple wedges
- salmon pesto pockets
- Thai green curry paste
- lasagne
- mini pizza
- bean spread

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online