weaning question

LISAMJS

Reaction score
Hi - a question on weaning.

I know that you introduce foods slowly and still give milk feeds till they are a year. Does the baby automatically tak less milk and have more solids. DS is 22 weeks and on solids now for example in 5 months time will he reduce the amount of milk he takes? Sorry I am prob not making sense but I am confused.
Thanks x :?

Just take LO's lead.

Jack dropped all his feeds on his own. it went something like this:

8am
12pm
4pm
7:30pm

(there is another one here but can't remember what time lol)

He dropped his afternoon one first, followed by his lunch one.

He now only drinks milk from a cup on a morning and bedtime! :hug:

My son dropped his milk intake pretty quickly when starting solids. to start with i still fed him his milk feeds at normal times but straight away he was drinking less each time, maybe 3/4oz instead of 7. a month in i decided to change his milk feeds to inbetween meals. I couldnt drop a feed to start with because i dont think he realised food had the same effect as milk. If he was hungry he's scream to be fed and push away food and guzzle a bottle. Now he's so use to his food, when hes really hungry he'll do the opposite and push away his milk. He's nearly one and we still have 3 7oz bottles a day. One when he first wakes. one after his nap around 3 and one before bed. I'll drop another one next month when hes 1. Its going to be hard dropping the first feed. he loves his morning boppie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back