baby routines

Urchin

Reaction score
Brody also feeds little and often.
i have started feeding him in the bedroom as he was just too easily distracted before, he's be too busy looking at the TV, or my laptop or Mason and it would stop him from feeding.

He feeds alot better with no distractions around.

In the night, I would recommend maybe lifting her up, feeding her properly so she drinks more, then putting her back down AWAKE.

If she is used to dropping off with a bottle in her mouth when she stirs later she will want the bottle back in like a dummy.

hope that helps a little :)

Routine....hmmm what's one of those again lol. Seren has a pretty relaxed day, same as Summer really. We wake up around 8-8.30am, habve a feed. Then get up, dressed. I do my chores whilst she plays and then we do different things. As long as she has 2 naps a day, I find she's great. We have a bedtime routine which we always stick to but that is about it.

Summer is a very happy baby as she is.

Well she is obviously in the perfect routine for her. I used to rally beat myself up and think I was a bad mum for not having Seren in the "perfect" routine but looking back I was in the best routine for me. I personally would find it very difficult to live with a very structured routine but I know others who need to have this. Seren is always smiling and happy so I am sticking with what she likes. She is asleep for 8pm every night, and whilst we are still having some issues with sleeping ( :roll: ) we have settled into our own kind of routine. Seren feeds often but then again so do I. I don't eat at set times, i eat when I'm hungry so I guess Seren takes after mummy. The only meal we have a time for is her solids, which is about 6pm just before we have our dinner. I agree with Urchin, put her down to bed awake, Seren likes to fall asleep on the boob but I have stopped this and it is a lot easier. Not too sure about the cutting down of the milk, hopefully someone else will be able to help with that. You sound like you are doing a great job, especially if Summer's smile on your photos are anything to go by so don't judge yourslef against other people x

my hv told me the when i went for ewans 9 month check that milk will still need to be the main part of his diet till he is 1, then he can cut down on milk.
Ewan wakes usually once at night for an 8oz bottle.

if ewan cries i always givce him a couple of mins grace and if he doesn't slettle then i will go and pick him up calm him down then up him back down once calm but not alsleep, Kayl when you fed her in her cot did you pick her up to wind her? as she may have wind and will keep wakeing.
If ewan wakes during the night i keep the lights low pick him up feed him give him his bottle wind him and change him (only if he is soaking) then i put him down to sleep, with his music on. and generally he will go off.
i never had any routine with him, up until about 2 months ago,
7 wake and bottle 8oz - back to sleep till 9 - breakfast.
12-1 bottle 8oz plus lunch, 4-5 snack and bottle, 6-7 bottle 8oz then change for bed, then he will wake at 10.30 or will go through to 3am has a bottle or will if lucky go till 6.30!!

I would try and put her down in her cot awake, then she will learn to put her self to sleep instead of nursing - ewan has a little comfort blanket that he sucks to sleep, but doesn't have it at night. it may take a while to break, if you put her down and she screams pick her up comfort her then put her down, if you can - keep doing this.

Hiya hun

I 'weaned' my son off his night time waking and feeds by following the Baby Whisperers theory. He still cant manage to send himself to sleep in the day - but that is something we are working on! lol

She calls it the Pick up/Put down method. Which involves picking the baby up when they cry - calm them and then put them down again as soon as they are quiet. The first night you can expect to pick up put down upto 100 times - however as you dont leave the baby to cry it out on their own they dont lose trust or feel abandoned. They learn to fall asleep by themselves with you supporting them through it.

It takes a long time (approx 3 days min) but is worth it in the long run. My first night was about 50 pickup put downs each time then it decreased as the night went on. By day three my son was sleeping through from his dream feed at 10ish to 5amish sometimes he will go to 6amish. I am happy with that as I get at least 6/7 hours and he can see daddy before he goes to work.

Tracey Hoggs web site is:

http://www.babywhisperer.com/

I know they have forums with this method described in more detail and you can get her books too - I havent followed all her methods to the letter but she really has helped me see things from my sons point of view and has helped me understand him etc. Good Luck :eek:)

Last edited:
Hi

I watched the baby whisperer the other day and there was a woman having feeding problems trying to introduce a bottle. Anyway I know thats not your problem but something she did may be useful to you. Its called dream feeding when you feed baby while they sleep. Apparently babies sucking reflex works even when they are asleep so you don't have to wake them to feed. I just thought maybe if you tried that rather than waiting for Summer to wake up and want a little feed you just may be able to get more milk down her in one go.

Lou :)

So sorry :oops: just read back and beany already mentioned dream feeds.

Lou :doh:

awwww thank you! congrats to you too!

sorry to hear you are having a few problems though. Just keep thinking that it won't be forever! My little Isaac is no trouble bless him and I do feel really lucky. I won't go into the in's and out's of his routine but I'd say for us it just took patience and time.

I hope you get things sorted soon.

Lou :)

Perhaps you could try giving your baby a sip of juice first thing and waiting to give breakfast a little later. Then try to extend the time from when baby has milk feeds so that feeding isn't in dribs and drabs. You may find this works well and allows you to establish more of a routine.

Kind Regards
S
x

Wishing you well. My first baby (now grown) was very tiring.. drip feeding, not sleeping during the day. He was born by emergency C and so I think a lot of it was down to that. He settled down at about 8 months old and he's been great every since! Until he became a teenager that is. :D

:wink:

xxxx

I think a C section must be quite traumatic for Mother and baby. I do sympathise. I did find that what worked one day, didn't the next but he did settle down. I also remember that I didn't quite bond, being so ill after C section with infection. I felt a bit low and out of sorts. Then all of a sudden I was overwhelmed with love and protectiveness. It kind of knocked me over it was so powerful. It took a while though and so if you or anyone wants to rave about things to someone who understands and is non judgemental, please do PM me. I don't mind.

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back