Routine for a 9 week old

hananhmiller

Reaction score
What is everyone elses baby doing? Im not sure what time Olivia should be going down to bed and when she should be feeding. At the moment this is her routine:

Wakes and Bottle 7am
Sleeps after then wakes for a bottles at 11
Stays awake and sleeps a little. Bottle at 2 ish.
Awake all afternoon. Bottle 5.30pm
Then she feeds from about 7.30 till 10ish. She takes a bottle on and off over this time. She goes to sleep at 10ish.

She has started waking again at 4ish but I havent fed her. I have given her a dummy and let her moan herself to sleep. She is on 5 bottles of 5 ozs. She weighs 9lb8. Do you think she need to drink more? I want to get her into a better bedtime routine.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Hannah X

Leorah has only just started to get into a bedtime routine which was shaped by her. I tried to force a bedtime routine when she was younger and it was stressful and would end in tears (mostly hers :lol: ) We decided to trust in her that she would eventually bring her bedtime forward as he got older and she did, bedtime is now 7.30/8ish. If you do want her to get to bed earlier I would suggest you start the cluster feeding earlier as your LO probably doesn't go down until 10pm as they know they haven't had enough calories to get them through the night, babies are clever like that :) Maybe offer an xtra bottle at 4pm

Personally at 9 weeks old I would still feed in the night if she wakes up, she's still so little, and it's normal for little babies to want feeding in the night.

Thanks for your replies. Think I might give her an extra bottle in the day. She does want feeding in the night, she just seems to want to cuddle. If I give her a dummy and keep the lights dim, she just seems to winge but falls asleep easily. Think I will leave moving her bedtime earlier until she is a bit older. Will do bath, bottle and bed at 10 so she gets used to it.

Hannah X

Youre so lucky she falls back to sleep and doesnt want feeding in the night! Brody was still waking for a feed at 9 months! Im jealous!

urchin said:
Youre so lucky she falls back to sleep and doesnt want feeding in the night! Brody was still waking for a feed at 9 months! Im jealous!

same here, ewan still wakes for a bottle at the moment!! (18 months!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back