Baby positioning.. hiccups.

Funkylady

Reaction score
Hi there,

ever since Ive been going for my fortnightly checks the baby has been head down in a good position, but ive noticed over this weekend that the hiccups (which I used to feel down near my pubic bone) have moved to the top of my bump?

Im now paranoid that baby has moved position.

I do everything I can to keep her in the right position.. such as using my gym ball, lying on my left side, kneeling on all fours...

do you think there's a chance shes moved position?
The top of my bump is ALOT harder than it used to be and I can't seem to feel head low down anymore...

eek x

The baby might have just been playing about and moving round lol i would imagine they should go back into the head down position for about 36 wks and stay like that

or the hiccups might just be making the rest of babies body jump too

i wouldnt worry too much

I'm rubbish at telling which body part I'm feeling - the top of my bump is solid just now but because of the size of the bit that's hard I think it's the back. At my 36 wk appointment a MW told me the head was engaged, then last week I was told it wasn't engaged just head down. I think if it's head down it's very unlikely to move back up the way - especially if you're doing all you can to keep it head down x

At the top of my bump its all hard, its his bum
I can feel shape of it lol

Babys swop and change position till 38 weeks and still find time to move!

Dont panic about it your baby has lots of time and your doing the right thing by using yoiur ball etc.

Thanks ladies. Always makes me feel better to read your replies.

She is wiggling about like a nutter today... think she gets a bit frustrated with the hiccups sometimes and tries to reposition herself.

got a MW appt tomorrow so she'll probably have a good prod about (painfully) to see how she's lying.

Babies cause so much worry before they're even born, don't they! I imagine it gets ten times worse when they finally come out tho! hehe

xx

My baby has been head down since 28 weeks. At first, the hiccups were felt around the pelvic area, but now that the baby is larger, I can feel the hiccups are more intense in strength and over a larger area of the bump.

I feel more intense hiccups now, down in my pelvis a bit, but more along where his back is lying up to his bum.

I think they' turn into whole body spasms as they get bigger. Mine's still head down. And the bum can feel really hard. Try not to worry, it's probably fine.

K.xxx

Eating sugary foods can cause hiccups as it makes LO drink the amniotic fluid faster (babies love the sweetness)
I always knew Isaac was head down because if I laid flat on the floor then sat up keeping my legs straight, his bum would rise up out of my bump :lol:
Hope you're feeling well today and LO's still happily wiggly for you :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back