baby Neve born 4th aug at 38 weeks weighing 6lb 15 half oz

Reaction score
Hi all, well im typing this on my mobile so apologies for any errors! Baby Neve arrived at 38 weeks by section due to cholestasis. It was my second section as my two year old was born by emergency section two years ago and i couldnt avoid another one as they wouldnt induce me again as had bad reaction last time, and baby had to be born at 38 wks. I hoped to god i wouldnt get it again but had feeling i would and lo and behold at nine weeks' my symptoms started. Everyone was telling me i was imagining it as cholestasis normally occurs late pregnancy, but i there is no mistaking the itchy hands and feet. I actually went down a and e cos it was a saturday and i knew they would test my blood there and we would know the outcome immediately. They took bloods and my alt level was 180! Normal is up to 30. Was in tears in hospital as was so worried about the slight risk of stillbirth that was associated with the disease. The hospital referred me to early pregnancy unit and i had liver scan and more bloods, most of the docs thought i might hav hepatitis or another liver problem as its so rare to have the enzymes up at an early stage. I knew it was oc though as it was mirroring my first pregnancy exactly. To cut a long story short, i was monitored the whole way through my pregnancy by consultants and by 30 weeks when the levels started to rise i was offered meds but refused as research suggested not great to use when pregnant. Was also given vit k as this helps ur blood to clot at delivery in case of a bleed which liver conditions can trigger. Needless to say i was a nervous wreck most of the time! I was also monitored three times a week and put on the ctg machine. The midwives were fab and i would thoroughly recommend anyone who gets oc to ask for consultant care and constant monitoring. Dont take the risk-some doctors dont worry so much about it anymore but the word stillbirth is in all the research and that was it for me. So my c section was sceduled and baby Neve was coming into the world on the 4th august. I was an absolute nervous wreck! I dnt know how anyone put up with me i was convinced i was going to haemorrage or die of mrsa or something. I really thought i was never going to see ava again and ended up the day before writing goodbye notes to my family. I know im mad! As much as i was worrying about myself i was then thinking the baby wouldnt survive..i was in a complete state and really thought they would have to sedate me! Anyway we got to the hospital at 7am and it was completely surreal sitting on the bed in the ward-i still didnt believe i was going to have a baby! In fact just as the surgeon was cutting me open i said 'are u sure theres a baby in there'lol. I was first in line to go and didnt know whether to laugh or cry, my poor boyfriend started to look a bit pale as i think i had convinced him i was gonna die too! So i was given the spinal which weirdly didnt worry me, then they hooked me up to the heart monitor and they were amused to see my heartrate was as fast as the baby's at 130! When they laid me down my bf came back in and they started strapping my legs and then tilted the table which they didnt do before, i kept thinking 'im going to freak out' but i didnt and everyone in the room kept talking to me and even the surgeon talked to me the whole time. I remember asking him if i was okay, was i losing blood and he was like 'do i look worried? If im worried u shall see me sweat! Im not sweating! Lol he was as loony as me! As they started tugging it started to occur that i wasnt dying and was really having my second child. They got her head out and before even her body was out she was screaming. Me and sam just looked at eachother. That moment is indescribable. The love, instant. How lucky we are, two beautiful girls and neve was a perfect 6lb 15 and a half oz with an apgar score of 9 and ten. Just to let u all know, my liver alt at hospital on day of section was a whopping 243 it is now back to normal at 30.thanks for reading my story xx emma

OC sucks , i had that and HELLP , on day of my labour at 34 weeks my alt was 750 !!!!! slightyl raised :rotfl: glad lil one is here safly and alt gone normal :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back