Baby measuring one week early! Ectopic?

shopgirl1990

Reaction score
Hey mamas - just had my first baby appt and the baby is measuring one week earlier than I thought he/she was. (Measured 5 weeks and thought I was 6) I haven’t had any spotting or pain and all of the usual pregnancy symptoms. He said it’s very common for ovulation dates to be off and women come in too early. But he did say that if it doesn’t look better next week we’d be having a different discussion. At first, he said he wanted to make sure it wasn’t ectopic (which he doubted since I haven’t had bleeding) but he found the gestational sac in my uterus so he thought I was just a week or two early with the measurements. If the gestational sac is seen in my uterus then it’s not ectopic correct? I want to make sure I understood him correctly but my mind started racing and I couldn’t think straight lol

If they see the sac in the uterus then it’s not ectopic - it means the pregnancy is in the right place - unless you have a twin pregnancy and one outside the uterus - but that’s extremely rare and they would have picked that up in your scan if they can locate the other pregnancy .
You may have ovulated late ….

I had a scan today and they couldn’t find the sac anywhere :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back