Baby measuring big!!!

Kylie1007

Reaction score
Well it looks like I've got a porker inside me rather than a little shrimp! :rotfl:

Just been to see MW for 34 week appointment - all urine / BP / HB is fine but for the 2nd time now baby is measuring above the 90th centile (??) on the Fundus measuring graph. I have to go to the hospital on Monday for a scan to check to see if there are any reasons for this such as the amount of fluid or whether the baby is simply a bit of a bruiser!!! My GTT came back fine so it's not that that is causing it to be big. Also couldn't tell how it was lying so they need to scan to see if it is breech still.

Looking forward to seeing baby again & fingers x'd everything is fine!

My wee man is measuring big too- at the 24 week scan the doc said he'd never seen such big feet! Yesterday the midwife said he was about 3cm bigger than the norm. My hubby's family have all been big babies- they've had a 11lb, 13lb and a stone! The midwife was reasurring me when she said- big babies have gravity on their side :rotfl:

My God...14lbs doesn't sound as bad as giving birth to a baby who weighs a stone! lol!
And I would have thought that big feet were the least of your problems!! It's the head that worries me! :rotfl:

With my last one the hospital did a scan and said I was having a very big baby. They did a GTT too and found nothing. I had him at 40+2 and he weighed 7lb5 so he wasn't big at all.

Yeah one of the things they mentioned was that it could be the amniotic fluid making me bigger and it might not actually be all baby!

Kylie1007 said:
My God...14lbs doesn't sound as bad as giving birth to a baby who weighs a stone! lol!
And I would have thought that big feet were the least of your problems!! It's the head that worries me! :rotfl:

Forget the head - whatabout the shoulders!!!!

alfie said:
Kylie1007 said:

Forget the head - whatabout the shoulders!!!!
that;s true I'm sure the feet are a piece of cake after that! lol!

OMG guys I've not really thought about the head and shoulders (proportion after all :oops: )
I here's me hoping to have a home birth - with only birthing pool and TENS machine for pian relief :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back