Baby Hammocks

I really wanted one of these but we diodn't have enough money for one of those and a crib. I am definately getting one next time.

They have them on ebay at the moment for £35!! Plus when the LO grows out of it i can just sit all soft toys and things in it in the nursery!

i like it loads :)

but the better thing about a mosses basket is you can take it from room to room with you

I never thought about that Dionne actually, might get both then!!

I would wait till you have the baby in case its a big baby. I never used my moses basket much it didnt seem as comfy as the carrycot part of my pram.

Personally I dont like the look of a hammock incase baby falls out but im sure it never actualy happens.

It all depends on what you like :D

I'm not getting a pram, just getting a travel system as we'll always be out in the car so it's just a buggy & the car seat part, so i've not got that option either!!

lauramum01 said:
I would wait till you have the baby in case its a big baby. I never used my moses basket much it didnt seem as comfy as the carrycot part of my pram.

im the same, Harleys carrycot to the pram seems deaper and more snug
but i think it is easier when you can take it from room to room, i like the hammock but couldnt see it lasting long

Suppose it all comes down to how much money i have nearer the time once i have bought everything else i need! :roll:

Hi Vicki

My friend has a hammock and swears that each of her 3 kids have slept far better in it than in the moses basket of carrycot! She thinks it's due to the hammock making the baby sleep a little more scrunched up rather than being flat out on the mattress of the moses basket/carrycot.

I think it looks lovely if you have space for it and the money

Lucy

It must be like sleeping in a sling, all closed in and snug. I like the door one but with a dog perhaps not the best type to get lol.

when every harl sleeps in his carrycot or basket i have to roll 2 blankets up and put them either side of him, he likes to feel tight and snug... mush be scary going from scrunched up in the whom to space on the out side, i think a bonus from the hammock would be it sways a bit to as babies are not used to be still either they are usually swayed in the whom

id get a natures nest one they are much safer and have full sides and one central holder in the middle so it couldnt tip over as hammocks sometimes do http://www.amby.co.uk/

beanie said:
It must be like sleeping in a sling, all closed in and snug. I like the door one but with a dog perhaps not the best type to get lol.

unless you get the dog one as well :lol:

I sell these on the side - just the most amazing hammock for babies. They're made here in Cape Town. They cost around £50. I'm hoping to make a trip to UK in Sept/Oct, so if anyone is interested in one, I'll try to help! :D :D

hammock1.jpg

hammock2.jpg

Emilia xx

oops - pics are a wee bitty small! :oops: I can email bigger ones.

im interested emilia :) That looks really good and secure and i like the price too! :D does it hang off a stand or what do you hang it from? havnt really got any trees in the house lol 8)

Your OH can put a hook up in ceiling for you, but it can also hang from door frames. PM me if you need more info.

Emilia xx :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back