Baby going into own room.

violet13

Reaction score
Hi,
Baby has been in our room since birth and I think he now needs to go into his own room only thing is I'm worried and also I don't even know how to transition this help and advice please. Please no crying it out tips as that is not something I want to do when baby is in his own room xxx

Does he settle himself to sleep in your room? Or are you there? Does he sleep through?

Does he sleep in Moses basket or crib. We put the top of snuz pod in the cot for a couple of nights. It was easier than expected x

We just put baby in his own room one night and he was fine! I was worried too but he didn't seem phased at all xx

We started by putting ours down for naps in her room first so she was used to sleeping in there in the day.

We put our lo into his own room at 3 months. He was put in the cot during the day to get used to it a bit then we picked a night and he started sleeping in there from then. He slept absolutely fine (for a 3 month old!) and we did and do always go in when he cries. I want him to know that he can cry and we will come so he can sleep confidently in a room on his own.
We also used a flat sheet in his Moses basket for a few nights and transferred that to his cot, kept his sleeping bag all the same so it all smelt familiar to him. For peace of mind we used a sensor mat monitor too.

He settles himself really well and he's sleeping through I'm thinking of end of the month but I'm worried. He's in a next to me so it has a lot of space still but I think he needs to be in his own room now but again worried haha thank you all xxx

Defo try nap times in the day first and then nights. He no doubt will be absolutely fine :)

I would move him and if it doesn't work then bring him back in with you but he sounds like my little girl and she has been in here own room from 5 months

Thanks ladies, I've put him in his cot for a nap and he's fine gone to sleep absolutely fine too. Xxx

We just put LO in her own room one night and she was fine. It was me who worried. However she was in with us until around 10 months (my fault, OH worked nights and I just liked her being there) but we'd put her to bed and then go up ourselves later on so she was already used to going to sleep on her own.

How old is your LO? I could never cope with the cry it out method, I ended up crying too. Luckily our LO settled well from an early age but if she wouldn't go over I'd go in, tuck her in and kiss her, wait outside for 3-4 mins, if she carried on, I'd go back in, tuck her in without speaking, put dummy in, & repeat that. OH sometimes sat by her cot which I didn't agree with, but it's just whatever works for you.

I took a week of work thinking it was going to be crying all night I put him in his room and he was asleep in 5 mins much quicker than he'd even been in a room with us, only tip I could go with is don't over think it and go with your instinct

I agree with the others - slightly different but we just moved our 2 year old from a cot to a bed. I worried about it thinking it was going to be a massive challenge and he never batted an eyelid! He's been in a 'big boy bed' for 2 months now and it was no hassle at all!

Not everything has to be a battle but they can pick up on your anxiety and sense something is wrong....I'm learning that now! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back