Baby gagging!

Sunbeam638

Reaction score
Right we have successfully being doing baby rice & porridge for two-three weeks.

Today I decided to introduce purée apple (I have a freezer full of various veg & fruit purees so thought we'd give it a whirl) and he pulled such a face and then after the third mouthful (I swear I was not force feeding him although it does read that way!) gagged as if it was vile.

He's never gagged before and I have puréed the food to no lumps so is he gagging because he doesn't like it? Or he's developmentally not ready for purée foods?

He's fine on porridge but its so smooth it's like thickened formula.

Mmmm!xxx

I tried Amelie at 17 weeks she wasn't ready and she did exactly like that. I left it 2 more weeks and tried again and that was a whole different story, I would say that your LO is not ready yet.
When Amelie Dosent like sth she properly spits its out but without gagging. When she had enough she blows raspberries with the food in her mouth lol.
You can go back to what you were giving until now and try again in a week or in 2-3 days? Or you can give whatever you normally give and at the end of the meal everytine try a little purée to see if it goes any better?

Wss - sounds like LO isn't quite ready imo. X

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Yeah I will leave it for a couple of weeks then. Takes porridge fine but his face was a picture with it! Xx

I mixed an ice-cube portion of purée with some baby rice and he enjoyed it much better!!!

Thanks Lou might try that, it was puréed to the sane consistence of the baby rice but clearly not a fan of apple will try it again in a few weeks!

I do have a selection of porridge so might just keep him on it till he hits 5 months which is soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back