Baby engaged

AnnaR2B

Reaction score
Just had home visit from mw as i'm having to be monitored closely due to my stoopid blood pressure... there's been all sorts of talk about early induction etc, which is basically scaring the pants off me....as much as i want baby here, i would prefer to go i nto labour naturally.

She just checked me and i'm still 4/5 (only 1/5 engaged)...can labour start when baby is only slightly engaged?

I've been ball bouncing, walking, lots of things but its seems quite comfy but i want it to come naturally before my BP gets so high the hospital induce me...
any tips / advice? :pray:

no advice hun
just wanted to let you know that my sister went into labour with her first baby without him being engaged at all
good luck to you
manda xx

hello babes

I really hope you go into labour naturally too :hug: :hug: To be honest I think docs use inductiuon far far too often for my likeing! Both my SIL and Cousins gf have both been induced within the last 2 months...neither were overdue...things just weren't going quick enough :roll: I vow to not be induced!! :twisted:

I was talking to my Mum about baby being engaged and she said its a lot of rubbish really. I was her first baby and I didnt engage until she was well into labour so dont worry :hug: :hug:

I think your bubs should think about getting a shimmy on now :D

ETA: My cousins GF had her bubs today....after being induced on Sat. Her waters went on Friday morning and they started to induce her Sat as she wasnt progressing. Her litle man was engaged for 3 weeks or so....and last night decided to dis-engage :lol: little bugger, so she went and had a Section this mornig about 10am and he's now here healthy weighing 7lb 10oz...they told her her bubs would be small too. Shows how much they know :lol:

xxx

OOhh.. good luck hun!

I've been on monitoring since Wednesday last week because my BP was higher than it had been.

It's gone down a bit today though yay :)

Roland 1 and Roland 2 seem to be keeping us on our toes hehe

forgot to ask are you stil guzzling your RL tea hun? When I went to hospital on Sat they said my cervix was very soft...Im wondering if thats the tea :think:

AnnaR2B said:
Just had home visit from mw as i'm having to be monitored closely due to my stoopid blood pressure... there's been all sorts of talk about early induction etc, which is basically scaring the pants off me....as much as i want baby here, i would prefer to go i nto labour naturally.

She just checked me and i'm still 4/5 (only 1/5 engaged)...can labour start when baby is only slightly engaged?

I've been ball bouncing, walking, lots of things but its seems quite comfy but i want it to come naturally before my BP gets so high the hospital induce me...
any tips / advice? :pray:

no baby does not need to be engaged for labour to start. in fact only 1st babys tend to engage prior to labour as stomach muscles are weaker after 1 or 2 babies and its these muscles which contract and move baby down. so need real strong labour contractions to move baby down. at my 39 wk this one is not even in pelvis.

marie x

Ooh thanks for replies girls, feel loads better. :hug: :hug:

Sarah, have been drinking RL but just ran out, may get some capsules for last few weeks. Beginning to get head round baby actually coming nearer my due date now, i know i have always thought it would come early (cos its a roland - llys :rotfl: ) but if its a choice of coming early via induction, or waiting for its natural time...never thought i'd say it...but i'll wait.
:hug: :hug: :hug:

i dont think being induced itself is necessarily soooo horrible (i admit i dont want to be induced but thats because i dont want to go overdue and i dont want to go to hospital full stop)

i saw my sister this weekend (who was induced due to going overdue with both of hers) and she said it was lovely , she had the gel and they broke her waters and the babies came not long after

I know its frustrating to find out the head's not engaged at this stage but don't worry, my son never engaged at all until I went into labour. As for being induced, its not so bad so I wouldn't worry.

Hi lady

Cant believe its nearly time for you!! Thats fab!

DOnt worry about being engaged to go into labour. I was only 1/5 engaged when I went into labour. James was back to back and turned out in the end that my pelvis was too small to fit him through it anyway so I dont think it makes too much difference.

Oil of Evening Primrose applied directly onto the cervix twice a day seemed to do the trick for me - it really softened me up and I started to lose my plug and the doctor was able to do a successful sweep on me which started off my labour.

Have you asked them about trying to do a sweep to kick start a natural labour?

gymbabeliz said:
i saw my sister this weekend (who was induced due to going overdue with both of hers) and she said it was lovely , she had the gel and they broke her waters and the babies came not long after

I hope that's what happens to me. Apparently I am being given tablets first though, if they don't work, then the drip! :)

Hi lady

DOnt worry about being engaged to go into labour. I was only 1/5 engaged when I went into labour. James was back to back and turned out in the end that my pelvis was too small to fit him through it anyway so I dont think it makes too much difference.

Oil of Evening Primrose applied directly onto the cervix twice a day seemed to do the trick for me - it really softened me up and I started to lose my plug and the doctor was able to do a successful sweep on me which started off my labour.

ooh did u use the capsules? Just shove them up..so to speak?
Going to be talking sweeps at my appt on Thurs...not sure though, heard they're yuck!

Kaz - its gonna happen soon for u hun :cheer:

AnnaR2B said:
(cos its a roland - llys :rotfl: )

You have a PM :)

(no one seems to check PM's on this site unless you tell them they have one)

I've just been looking at my pregnancy/labour notes from James which OH finally retrieved from the attic.

When I arrived at the hospital after 6 hours of regular contractions I was 2/5 palpable. James was born just under 5 and half hours later.

ETA: I was 4/5 palpable at my last midwife appointment 2 weeks ago at 34 weeks. Being my second baby he might come back out again though.

AnnaR2B said:
Hi lady

ooh did u use the capsules? Just shove them up..so to speak?
Going to be talking sweeps at my appt on Thurs...not sure though, heard they're yuck!

Kaz - its gonna happen soon for u hun :cheer:

Yup just shoved em right up there!!

Well I did that before i went to bed. I would advise breaking the capsule and rubbing the oil onto the cervix in the day cos otherwise when the capsule dissolves all the oil falls out of you making it look like you have wet yourself....yes this happened to me.... :oops: :oops: :rotfl:

As for the sweep, it wasnt bad at all tbh. It didnt hurt, was just a bit uncomfy but not dissimilar to any internal exam in my opinion. Plus it was worth it cos i went into labour within hours...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back