• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baby Eczema

lella

Reaction score
Evan has the most terrible eczema, his skin is peeling off. I use aqueous cream, emulsifying oinment, oilatum in the bath. Just recently , ive been given a steriod cream for his bad bits.But nothing is working. He was meant to be refered to the hospital 4 weeks ago and my HV said she had just sent the letter off. In other words she hasnt done it.

Im going to take him to baby clinic tomorrow and go mad cuz nothing is being done to help him. :evil:

Has anyone got any ideas, i could try. He is 19 weeks old.

Go to your doctor and demand creams and steroids. My ds had the most awful ezecma at a few months old and I took him to the doctors who presribed a light steroid cream for his face and emolliant cream for his body and ot worked!!!!

Hes 3 now and you wouldnt know he suffered from it.

Go to the doctors though and demand creams becuase babies do suffer with it and its itchy and sore and maskes them very irritable.

Have you tried changing your washing powder and softner? I use persil non bio tablets and comfort pure pearls because Isaac has patches of eczema and his skin is quite sensitive.

Lou :D

Ella has excema and I find that products play a big part in what affects her skin. We only use non-bio, no fabric conditioner. No soaps, bubble baths, moisturising lotions etc (only use water to clean her skin with a sponge, even as a mucky toddler that is enough to clean her skin).
When her flareups get really bad we sparingly use hydrocortisone cream and very occasionally an ultra strong cream, but that's only when she's having bad problems with it and scatching til she bleeds at night.
We can't use any wetwipes anymore apart from pampers sensitive, every other brand brings up her bum in dry patches (and even those aren't great). Pampers Naturals are the absolute PITS! They claim to contain lavender, when all they contain is lavender PERFUME!! Both my kids reacted to these wipes, they should be fined for making such rubbish claims that they're natural.
If you're formula feeding then it could be a reaction to the type you're using, if you're breastfeeding then it could be something you're eating that is making him flare up.
And don't trust your HV to do jack s**t, go straight to your GP. From my experience they're absolutely c**p and you'll only get anything sorted by going to the doctors.
Good luck!

Awww poor baby.

It's just awful when they have eczema.

Gabs had it when she was a baby and we went through all sorts of cream and potions.

I found epiderm worked the best and now you would never know she had it.
She get the occasional itchy bit on her ankles and behind her legs but I continue to use epiderm.

I hope you find something that works for him.

I was at the doctors every month almost when Gabs was little.

Big hugs to you :hug: :hug:

Quick update! I went to the doctors and went mad. my Hv has sent off the letter to the hospital and has phoned up the person who is running the eczema clinic, so an appointment is in the post. if i dont hear from them by the end of the week im going to go mad again.

My doctor has given me some Epaderm , which is brilliant and Evan is on antibiotics cuz his eczema is infected. but i can see an improvement already.

thanks for all your tips xx

Hiya I battled with really bad eczema with Isabella until she was about 7 months old. I found out she had an intolerance to cows milk so she was put on a prescription milk for a while, which did the trick and she only suffers about 5% of what she used to. The cream that has helped her the most is Diprobase.

BTW she can drink cows milk, dairy, etc now

Maia had something like this, we were told it was eczema by one Dr, but later another Dr said it was a kind of nappy rash caused by milk and posseting, which had then got infected with thrush.

He prescribed canesten cream and sudocrem. It virtually cleared up overnight when it had been plagueing us for weeks.

Might be worth asking...

Well i took Evan to his hospital appointment and wow what a difference between this nurse led clinic and my doctors surgery.

She has given me oilatum to bath him in, a mild steriod cream for his face and nappy area, to use once a day. I moderate steroid cream for his body. and tons of Epaderm to rub over him as often as possible.

what a difference this has made, its like having a new child. Im so pleased. we are taking him back this week. Its good cuz,we arent being sidelined, she will see him each week until she gets rid of it. then she will see him every 6 months.

Also, she told me that aqueous cream is rubbish and the reason the doctors give it to you is cuz it costs £3 a pot where epaderm costs£17!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back