baby confuzed 02/08/2011 (belated birth story)

confuzed 88

Reaction score
Hey ladies
I have finally got the opportunity to write my birth story :) might seem like a ramble as it goes on forever lol
ere it goes...
so all started off on sunday (31st july) morning when i couldnt feel bubs move, called up triage n got called in about 12pm to b monitored for movement, ended up on the monitor for 2hours, bubs was very slow and only moved once the whole time i was on the ctg. Eventually got to see the doctor who called me back next morning for further monitoring..so in i go Monday morning at 9am....
was on monitor for 30mins and bubs slept thru most of it so was further monitored, then bless my hubby he spoke to the lovely mw in private n explained to her i was super worried about bubs wellbeing and y they cant just induce me as im already 8days over, mw then pushed for it with the consultant which worked. In comes consultant, has a chat with me about induction, checks my down below which surprise surprise is slightly open and tells me theyll get me started straight away, at this point its about 5pm :S boy did the nerves kick in at this point that my blood pressure shot up lol
And the drama beginss....Mw comes and puts in the pessary which bloody killed me and managed to give me a sweep eeeek it hurt :( i was such a wimp...
so i continued just chilling and about 9pm i started feeling twinges in my back, thought nothing of it.. then about 11pm once hubby had gone i got the most weirdest thing that was a contraction that made my waters break straight away, i thought omg ive just pissed myself Again..anyhow had a show/pessary fell out and carried on getting these horrid tightnings that were making me squirm, mw gave me tablets to take the edge of n help me sleep and inserted another pessary which fell out again!then i got another one, so bloody 3 pessarys erghhh :(, at 1am contractions were getting worse n making me Squeal in pain, the whole ward must of heard me, started getting diarohea too (not nice when ur having a contraction at the same time). Eventually morning came after a loooong night,lovely midwife had their handovers n came to c me, bubs was asleep on the monitor and all off a sudden his heartbeat dropped really low for 3mins, mw told me to call my hubby straight away I was then rushed down to labour ward, crying the whole way down I was scared something happened to bubs, then team of docs n midwife were around me assessing wat should b done as bubs heartbeat was back up, they then got me started on the syntocinon drip to get me progressing as I was only 2cm at 9.30 am, a whole night of horrid pains I thought I would've been further along, they gave me epidural n had me constantly monitored.. docs were rushing in and out then they decided they needed to get a blood sample from bubs head inside to check if he is in distress,1st time he was fine, so carried on monitoring me, his heartbeat kept dropping again,.had a 2nd blood test on his scalp which again came back ok, in the meanwhile i was yacking up all the water i had drunk since that morning, it went all over my poor hubby eeek, however in they came and told me at 6pm it would be best to go in for emergency c section before something happens as his heartbeat kept dropping so it was best not to risk anything, I started crying my eyes out in fear but bless the team they were amazing at reassuring me and so fast, before u know it I was in theatre and bubs was born at 6.31pm :) weighing 7lbs 8oz, even thought he looked alot smaller to me lol
Was the most amazing feeling ever seeing him, still can't believe he is here,i did feel abit traumatized afterward as i didnt want a c-section and the pains i was feeling after wasnt nice but it was for the best. So ladies thats my looong birth story, sorry its so long I was trying to remember everything that happened..probably will remember something later lol

xxxx

Last edited:
well done hon xx was this your first? xx

well done hun, sounds like it was a right ordeal, but you did great! congratulations to your new little family :hugs: x

Last edited:
Hi confuzed! Congratulations! :love:

This is the first time I've been online since the birth of my LO too - she was born on the 1st. I must get round to doing my birth story too! The castor oil worked for me in the end! Ha ha! In fact the last post I wrote said something along the lines of, "nothing happening yet...off to Skype the in laws". Well, it was during the Skype conversation when the contractions kicked in - and boy oh boy did they kick in! I'll write up my story soon! xx

Hi confuzed! Congratulations! :love:

This is the first time I've been online since the birth of my LO too - she was born on the 1st. I must get round to doing my birth story too! The castor oil worked for me in the end! Ha ha! In fact the last post I wrote said something along the lines of, "nothing happening yet...off to Skype the in laws". Well, it was during the Skype conversation when the contractions kicked in - and boy oh boy did they kick in! I'll write up my story soon! xx

oh thanks hun! congrats to u too!!
i just didnt find a chance to get on, was in hospital for a few days, got home then got busy with people coming round and moving around is a pain..getting better though :)

Congratulations and well done, what have you called him? xxx

Congratulations, sounds like a really scary time, but totally worth it!

Congratulations.. cant wait to see pics :)

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back