baby clothing sizes

Sunshine_state

Reaction score
So far i have a mixture of 0-3m, 3-6m, and some 6-9m. I havent got any newborn sizes. do u think i should. some only go upto 9lbs. my son was 8lb 5 born and don't think she gonna be small.

Also struggling on what size snowsuit to get 0-3 or 3-6 ? Think she may need both sizes lol

Trying to get organised lol x

Hi chick my son was 10lb and still fitted in newborn and first size for a while. It may be worth getting maybe one pack to take with you and if you need more ask someone to fetch them. :)

It's tricky!! We've got less newborn stuff than I'd like but then no idea on size on baby. I figure we'll buy more or getfirst visitors to (my parents) if baby is small enough. Also if weather was this warm at end of August will wear less anyway. Xx

I've bought mostly newborn, as the ones I have say up to 9.5-10lbs. I don't think mine will be bigger than that. I was 8lbs when I was born, and my sister has had two 7lbs babies, so I am hedging my bets at around 8-9lbs.......and sincerely hoping that he/she is not bigger! :lol:

I have some newborn. About 8 sleepsuits, 10 vests and two little outfits. Figured me can get more if we need to. Perhaps just get a pack of the cheap ish sleepsuits from asda?

Also I've got the snowsuits in 0-3 and 3-6. I just got one in each size.

I had newborn and my son was 10lb, he fitted in them for 2 weeks or so. He's now in 0-3 at 5 weeks and 3-6 look huge. Some 0-3s go up to 14lb anyway.

I brought some newborns and didn't open the packs as I had a feeling he'd be big from my size lol!

I'd get at least some newborn. My DD was 7lbs exactly and was swamped by newborn - she wore tiny baby for quite a while - despite the fact it only goes up to 6/7lbs. X

My son was 8lb 9 and fitted in newborn for a while so it's probably a good idea to have at least a cheap pack of newborn vests and sleepsuits. I've got quite a lot of newborn stuff as I've got basics that I can use from DS but I also couldn't resist buying a few girlie bits too! As for snowsuit, I had this dilemma too. I think you're right that our babies will need 0-3 and 3-6. At the minute I've just got a 0-3 one and will wait and see how quickly she grows out of it. I've really struggled to find them anyway at this time of year but I figured in a month or so the shops will be full of them xxx

Oliver was born weighing 8lb and although he has had tonnes of clothes, I had to go out this morning and buy some newborn sleepsuits as 0-3 just drown him xx

Hmmm think i better get some newborns sizes then.

I wasn't having any luck with snowsuits but i spotted a gorgeous one in asda yesterday white and fleecy but didn't pick it up as i couldn't decide what size.

Do they tell u wat size the baby mayb roughly ? I was only 5lb 6 and hubby thinks he was 7/8 lb mayb xx

There is a really cute snowsuit/ all in one in marks grey with white stars on x

I always just buy a a of the newborn sizes. They grow out of them so fast, and since they are so small they are easy to wash quickly. I only get 3 of each in newborn onsie, long sleeve onsie. Then I get the 0-3 month pants.

Noah was in newborn for 15days.. Hes now in 0-3 for everything!! Xx

I've got one upto one month snowsuit so far but want another one in 0-3. I want to wait and see what sex baby is and buy a blue or pink one aswell. Lovely cream one in mothercare but £32 seems far too expensive!
Bought one set of small baby stuff upto 7.5lbs I think and the rest are upto 10lbs I'm going to take one of each into hospital. Guessing people will buy me stuff xx

Tesco have a wee snow suit only a tenner I got one thinking itl do for coming out of hospital n October xx

I would definitely get some newborn sleepsuits and vests, I'd say a pack each. You can always take one back and swap for a bigger size. I like the mothercare and next sleep suits, they have integral scratch mitts.

We have been blown away by the gifts we've been given its unreal how generous people are esp people like in laws friends and people we've never met! The nursery looks like a branch of mamas and papas we have so many clothes! So don't buy too much you'll probably get lots loadsa pressies too xxx

We found that people have bought us tons but a lot in bigger sizes like 3-6 months. The only thing I've found is (and this makes me sound so ungrateful) they haven't thought about seasons and we have shorts and t shirts in 3-6 months when it'll be Sept to November. I'm hoping for some September sunshine :)

Primark I despise but they have packs of vestsuits for £3 for 5 so good for back up without spending loads (if you're poor like me) ;-) also I got 2 cot sheets for a fiver in there, 100% cotton. Best not to think about the slave labour employed to make them.....

Xx

I've picked up a pack of three newborn vests and sleepsuits £5 each. Only bought the asda snowsuit in 0-3 and 3-6 £8

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back