*Weaning Books*

I know we have a weaning tips section but I wondered if anyone has any good weaning books which they could recommend, or books which aren't very good. I'm toally lost with how to start properly weaning Damien (starting in just over a week) so I'd like a book with a good plan in it. I know what sort of foods to do, but I don't know what routine to use to introduce the foods, and how much I should be giving him, and also when I should substitute milk for water.

Thanks!!

Hiya Sami
My HV gave me a fantastic photocopied booklet, with all the info you need in it. Ask your HV if they do them for you, otherwise I'll get another one from mine and mail it to you if you want.

I have the Annabel Carmen book, which is OK, it has the routine laid out in it. If all you need it an idea where to start though I'll get you this booklet.

As far as I know we don't get one. I went to a weaning talk arranged by the HV's but they just described what veggies to use (which I had kinda gathered anyway!)

A copy of the booklet would be fab, will let you know my address on MSN.

Cheers x

they advise to keep on with baby milk until 2 yrs old.
apparently can't digest cows milk untill 18m...? or so my hv says
I willl try cows milk from when he is a yr.
you can start introducing water as an additional thing

Annabel karmels books are very good.

Sami said:
As far as I know we don't get one. I went to a weaning talk arranged by the HV's but they just described what veggies to use (which I had kinda gathered anyway!)

A copy of the booklet would be fab, will let you know my address on MSN.

Cheers x

I got one for you today Sami :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back