baby back carriers

bex

Reaction score
Can anyone advice me on the best baby carrier (the back ones). I bought one from mother care today but as I'm not very tall the lumber support bit didn't sit on my back properly and now I'm suffering. Really want to be able to carry Finn up the horses etc but don't know which one is best. I have just looked at the Yamo Baby Carrier, any other suggestions?
Thanks.

Hi bex :wave:

I bought mine for the same reason. I bought one from mother care. £39.99 i think. The 4 position carrier, wif liner.

I love it and find it really comfy and supportive. I'm 5ft 3".

More to the point, how are u coping wif yr horses? I'm having to sell mine coz i just can't cope. Hes not getting any attention or being ridden and i don't think its fair to him.

Hope u find carrier that suits u soon

Sarah x

Hi Snowbunny,

Thanks for your reply, I think I have bought the same one as you but it doesn't fit in my lower back. Going to have a look round this weekend and this time try a few on before buying!
Sounds like we are in pretty similar situations re the horses, I am fine with my old boy as he is retired now, just does the odd ride with the little ones in the family. BUT I am struggling soooooo much with my 3 year who is not yet broken and seems intent on jumping out the field and basically trying to go anywhere she's not suppose to! It's a nightmare and I just don't seem to find enough time for them, If I could put her on loan for a few years I would but will need to get her broken first, I#m pulling my hair out with her at the mo!! :evil:

I understand completely.

I really miss my riding and time with my horse. 3 yr olds can be a nightmare at the best of times without a baby in toe.

In my experience its better to sell an unbroken horse rather than loaning, as they nearly always come back ruined. Or if possible turn her away till she is 4/5. They can be a little more mature at this age to break and there bones are so much stronger. Really depends on what your plans for her are.

Have you looked at the baby slings! Im not to keen on them, but if your having trouble finding one with good lumbar support they might be worth a go!

Hello
My plan has always been to break her at 4/5 but I now plan to try for another baby summer time - all being well. Just don't know how I'm going to fit it all in but haven't got the heart to sell her! It's a nightmare!!
Also I was starting to think that maybe she's bored hence her keep jumping any fence in front of her and that maybe breaking her would keep her busy and take her mind off escaping.... think I'm just trying to think of ANY option other than selling to be honest!!!

Have looked at the slings but thought the back pack would be easier. I took the mothercare one back today so will look again for others this week.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back