baby asprin

Becs

Reaction score
Hello,

Is this just normal asprin and what does it do to help fertility? Does anyone know? It's been mentioned a couple of times so I was considering taking it next month.

Thanks
Becs

Hiya
Baby aspirin, or low dose aspirin in a dosage of 81mg or less per tablet, is very beneficial to fertility. It is believed that aspirin helps with the blood flow to the ovaries and uterus. Though this has not been fully researched, taking an aspirin a day certainly cannot hurt prior to achieveing pregnancy. There are some conditions that means you should not take Aspirin, such as stomach ulcers.
Some doctors will okay taking low dose or baby aspirin during pregnancy, though the majority will not. Ask your doctor, as soon as you become pregnant, as to whether or not to continue with the aspirin.
It doesn't matter what brand of aspirin you choose, as long as it has no more than 81 mg per tablet. This will be in either the chewable baby aspirins, or in the adult low dose aspirin. The tablets are very small and easy to swallow. You only need to take one tiny pill per day to reap the benefits. Taking one low dose or baby aspirin (81 mg) a day is a good thing to add to the supplements you are already taking. It may be worth discussing with your doctor first though, as I wouldn't advise self medicating.

Anyone had any luck with this? Which brand did you take??

Thanks
SARAH

Hi

Been to boots and cant find anything with such a low dose. Any suggestions please?

Thanks

SARAH

Hiya Sarah

You generally have to ask behind the counter. I had Boots own Disperable Aspirin (72mg) I used to have to ask for "Low Dose aspirin" - Don't ask for "Baby Aspirin" because they don't refer to it as that.

Hope this helps

Thanks. Did it work for you? What made you start taking it.

Sarah

Hiya I took it last month and as you can see from my ticket it worked or certainly helped I also took magic medicine and DH took zinc.

I got it from Tesco's chemist and did actually ask for baby asprin they gave me the disolvable ones I took one every day from about day 7 to day 20 and then stopped. I'm seeing my dr tomorrow and will ask her should I continue taking it as it can help prevent mc and since I had one in May am terrified of having another. Most of the websites I read were US based and over there it does seem to be more widely prescribed than here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back