Babies Second Name

xshauna_bazx

Reaction score
Would it be awful if i wanted to call the baby after my last name instead of OHs???

I dont like his second name and nothing sounds right with it?

Dont know how he feels about this yet, it would probably give his family something to slag

me off over but i dont care. I want the baby to be after me.

Opinions please :) xxx

My Aunty had this problem of nothing sounding right with her OH's last name - he wanted the baby to be named after him tho!

They went for a double barrell surname in the end! x

I'm going to double barrel. My OH doesn't mind if it just takes my surname but I don't want people to think that the bub isn't his so would rather have his name on their as well!

What has his family said?

Because when i think of names shes always like adding her surname on. Arghhh its pissing me off really xxx

They don't mind either way - their opinion is that I'm the one carrying it around for 9 months getting sickness and stretchmarks so I can call it my surname. I guess we're lucky to have chilled out relatives but still...don't let anyone pressure you into giving your baby a name you don't like!

Well tbh hun it's completely up to both of you - sod what the family's say......

I do wish I had not given into my DS's Dad tho I hate that DS has a different surname to me and that >insertnastyname< does not deserve to have my son carrying his name! x

Thanks thats reassured me! Just talked to other half and we are putting his second name as a middle name and mine the last :) :) :) But at school LO wont have to say his middle name lol. Thats that settled then just hope it sounds right! what do you think <first name> brown mcglasson. Its not like brown will really stick with him/her??? xxx

Oh you spoke to him? What did he say???

I always think no matter what the name and what other's think aslong as you are happy with itx

Last edited:
well before i posted this he said he didnt care and walked off. Then i said look i need to know what you think and i suggested both our names, he said yeah do that as long as my name is in on the birth certificate he didnt mind. :) xxx

Well then I think you have a winner!

I do wish i had done that with my son's dad.....I know it prob sounds selfish and bitchy to say but we would have dropped his surname along time ago as he has had nothing to do with DS since he was little - his own choice I might add!

However saying that.....I am planning on this baby taking OH's surname....maybe I am just a fool I dunno....but we were planning our wedding before we found out about this one and our aim is to still get married but put it off a while due to funds etc. x

I gave my LO a double barrelled name. FOB wasn't too impressed as it now means its a long surname but as we're not together I didnt want her to just have his name. This way if I have another child he/she will also havea double barrelled name and if I get married I will do the same. Then we can just use my surname for certain things. :) I wanted Paige to always feel connected with our names. I say go for it! Then your little one gets both yours and your OHs name :D

Totally your choice hun, personally my OH would be deeply offended if we didn't use his name, but he is very traditional. Lol, what's wrong with Brown anyway? Thought you were going to say his surname was Crapper or something!! Ha ha!! x

its a hard one if you get married would you take his name or not, that may help you if maybe you think you may get married only because then you will all have same name, if no intention of it then its not so big problem as long as his name on birth certificate. When I had my 1st to my husband who was not my husband then I gave him the same middle name as my husband and he had my surname, no one had a problem with this as the middle name had actually been a family name that all teh generations have as their first name or middle name, i did this because when i had my 1st 2 children to my ex i gave them his 2nd name and so then i gave them the option to change their name to my name the same as their brother if they wanted to. My ex has ahd nothing to do with them and they are now 14 and 12 except for the occasional time when he decided he wanted to see them again last year as he had 2 other children and i let them but he let them down again like he did when he first left they now do not want to know him, but i didn;t chang their name for that reason but i'm glad now that they have changed their name to my married name so we all have the same surname my husband is now their dad and has been since they were 4 and 6, i thought i would get agro off ex's family because we still see thm all the time just not the father but they were happy and my children were only 7 and 9 when they decided they wanted my husbands name so they changed their name to his before i even got married so they had it before me lol. what I'm trying to say is I know people say you cant change it but you can by deed pole its not something i would take lightly andiit does cost but it was the best decision that my kids made.

thought i best make it clear i never stoppped my ex seeing his kids he just appeared and disappeared after we split and they always went to his mums for tea every week so she could see them and their aunty and he knew that and what day and its still the same now and he doesn't bother.

Well then I think you have a winner!

I do wish i had done that with my son's dad.....I know it prob sounds selfish and bitchy to say but we would have dropped his surname along time ago as he has had nothing to do with DS since he was little - his own choice I might add!

However saying that.....I am planning on this baby taking OH's surname....maybe I am just a fool I dunno....but we were planning our wedding before we found out about this one and our aim is to still get married but put it off a while due to funds etc. x

Yep we do have a winner :) pleased thats sorted now was worrying today! Course your not a fool or you dont sound selfish or bitchy hun! xxx

Thanks for all the replies. Im not planning on getting married to be honest and if i do i will want to keep my own name lol. I like it because its my family name and dont want to change dunno if you will get me lol.

Well brown is not that bad (sorry anyone who is called brown lol) You see i liked the name bailey not sure now but it wouldnt of went with brown and i really want my kid to have my surname :) xxx

Last edited:
i thought about this as me and OH are engaged or married and i really want the LO to have my name when it goes to school, im just going to give baby OHs name and hope he proposes!! x

I have the joy of being a Handley and the baby's dad being a Greenslade. Due to us not being together I don't want baby to have his last name but he does so we're double barreling so poor kid has a loooong name. lol xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back