Nothing important, just a rant.

SIL even said she will refuse to call him that if we have a boy. How rude?!QUOTE]

How rude, you have carried your baby for 9months or so and chose a name that you and your OH have agreed on. Your family, your decisions.
Your SIL has no right to say that. *hugs*

Family can be so cruel, stick to your guns, all that matters is that you and you're oh love it!!!

We haven't told anyone our name for this reason as think my mum won't like it (she likes more traditional names) and don't want to be persuaded to change it! It's one we both like! My FIL and mum have both said about putting family names in too but they've had their chance to name babies, it's our turn now!

What the bloody hell is wrong with Evan???
:hug: some people just dont think babe, thats why weve decided not to tell anyone our baby names. (well, name.. we have our boy but no girl :( )
wait til baby is born and let them try and say something bad about it then!! i dont think anyone will have the balls to say it about a baby youve already named.. and if they do tell them where to go! :hug:

SIL even said she will refuse to call him that if we have a boy. How rude?!QUOTE]

How rude, you have carried your baby for 9months or so and chose a name that you and your OH have agreed on. Your family, your decisions.
Your SIL has no right to say that. *hugs*

OMG :shock: didnt see that bit!! what a bitch!!! :mad: what right does she have???!!! no wonder your so angry!!!

I have had this so many times ... it does get really annoying ... I like your answer Princess ... I have had friends and family very frankly tell me they hate the names we have picked but at the end of the day it is not their baby !!

My FIL and mum have both said about putting family names in too but they've had their chance to name babies, it's our turn now!

You've hit the nail on the head there hun, it is our choice as parents now- those that have had their kids had their chance, and those who don't have kids yet (like SIL) will have her chance- so buzz off out of my business! :lol:

who gives a flying toss what other people think its your child not theres i had the same issue when preg with leon oh loved the name gavin i wasnt as keen but settle with it as a middle name and even still now people tell me they dont like it!! i couldnt give a fook hes my leon gavin not theres so :bum:

I love Evan. Fab name.
Can't use it for our bubs as it would look daft with our surname. (just add an 's' to Evan to see what I mean ;) )

Curtis is a lovely name too. Wish I had more ideas!
Don't take any notice of other people. They obvs have poor taste. x

We're not telling anyone our name choices either, despite people forever asking us, I just don't want their opinions, esp like you say with the added hormones! I would never dream of being so rude, I'd probably even tell a white lie and say I like a name when I don't, I'd hate to offend someone! Plus you often come to like a name once your used to it, I wasn't keen on a friends choice but would never tell her, but Ive began to like it now. Be a boring world if we all liked the same names!

I'm doing the same and not telling a soul our real choices. If anyone asks I'm gonna say names are Marion Shirley Lesley which are interchangable between and girl and a boy.

I agree with everyone and think Evan is a lovely name too. I'm only 9 weeks pregnant but I've got a feeling my OH family is going to be the same, they are so opinonated it drives me mad! We haven't told them I'm pregnant yet as I just know they will be full of 'helpful advice' which will drive me insane!
Maybe tell them how hurtful they are, this is your baby they are talking about, grrrr its making me cross now! how can people be so insensitive!

i have just seen this post and wanted to say i agree with all you ladies we have chosen a name for our baby that we will use for a girl or a boy we chose finley shay and told a couple of people and they said you cant call a girl finley!!!!!!!!! errrrrrr why not??????? men are called holly or shirley i think its rude and un called for and i will call my baby what ever the hell i want to lol xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back