Awful Cold :-(

Tiggy26

Reaction score
Has anyone else picked up a nasty cold over christmas? Im really suffering at the moment, OH has had it for nearly 3 weeks :shock: I havn't had a cold for years, im certainly making up for it now!

Is there anything I can take for this that will not cause any harm to our baby? Ive made myself tea with a spoon full of hunny in it & OH made up a bowl of hot water and put 2 spoons of vicks in it for me to breath in.

Any other suggestions?

T xx

yes.... ive been in bed all day with my laptop, dvds, and celebrations lol

my nose & eyes are streaming... feel like someones turned a tap on in my head!

Its awful isnt it! Vicks seems to work well so I will stick to that. My nose wont stop running either and where ive been blowing my nose so much its all red and sore, due to this I cant even feel that my nose is running till its run onto my lip! :shock: :oops:

I've been suffering too but think I'm over the worst now (cough and excess snot still lingering- sorry if tmi!)

I found that making some blackcurrant cordial up with a little sugar and hot water helped me- a total placebo I know but it felt and even with my limited taste- tasted just like a lemsip which is all I wanted to have- I'm sure that hot drinks really do help but there is only so much tea and coffee you can, or want to have.

Obviously paracetemol too, some nice balmy tissues to stop your nose and mouth getting really red and sore and my old fave-a hot water bottle-just for comfort really.

:hug:

cxcxcxcx

I've got a nasty one at the moment, the worse part is the cough though, everytime I splutter, feels like Dans does a belly flip, lol!

I'm just getting over the worst of mine - but managed to give it to my sis-in-law who is due the same week as me (sorry Rach).

I find that loads of sleep helps - if you can manage it. Paracetamol is ok, but the one thing I haven't had is a headache so I've not even had that :cry:

Would give anything for some hot lemon & whisky

aww...I'm just getting over the worst of it too. Started about five days ago and i spent nearly two days in bed. I must have sneezed out three tons of snot :shock:

I took paracetemol, drank honey and lemon, had lockets and a vicks nasal stick. They all helped but i still felt ill. hope you feel better soon.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back