sinuses playing up!!

Constantstar

Reaction score
Hey ladies I've woken up with like a cold the past 2 days. Chemist said I couldn't take any nasal spray but looking the nhs preg book I got in my bounty pack it says oxymetazoline or xylometszoline are ok as a second choice and only used occasionally. So I've got a vicks sinex spray which contains the oxy one but when I googled it (as u do) people say don't use it!? Anyone used it or any advise? I just wanna breath again!! Xx

I haven't used it hun. Could you call the docs tomorrow or tuesday. Have you tried steaming? You could also try a few drops of olbas oil on a tissue, thats what I do. I get bothered with sinus infections, its horrible!

Hope you feel better soon!

x

I've used steam and used vicks in steamy water but to no avail! Just put 1 squirt of vicks sinus up each nose its heaven! I can breath! I'm going by the nhs book which I suppose is better than peoples opinions on internet as we know they can be so wrong !! Xx

Last edited:
I've used steam and used vicks in steamy water but to no avail! Just put 1 squirt of vicks sinus up each nose its heaven! I can breath! I'm going by the nhs book which I suppose is better than peoples opinions on internet as we know they can be so wrong !! Xx

Yep I'd go with the book too!

Hope you can get some sleep

x x x x

Morning! I have had terrible trouble with my sinuses since getting pregnant, much worse than before. My consultant said it is ok to take nasal spray but only a certain type and I can't remmeber which! I'll ask my sister when I speak to her later.

The other thing you can try is drinking a half cup of warm milk with turmeric in it. It's hard to get down but it really does work. Put in as much turmeric as you can stomach, at least 2.5 tea spoons per half cup and then drink as many cups as you can per day.

I also found that accupuncture and accumassage worked.

Ah thank u! If u could find out that would be fab! I don't drink milk! :( so I'll have to give that one a miss!! X

Hi - you can use any that say "used as directed by doctor when pregnant" - my sister used Flixonase which the consultant said was fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back