a cold in pregnancy

pixie17

Reaction score
might sound like a really stupid question but will having a cold in later pregnancy do any harm to the baby? I am 38 weeks and my OH has had 'man flu' the last few days. Although i am normally quite resilient when it comes to colds I can feel one brewing.

Dont think it'll do bubs any harm at this stage hunni but check with mw if i was you to be on safe side?

Just you might end up feeling ill xxx

I've just been doctors as I have had a cold and sore throat for a week and now it has developed into a chest infection I'm really not one for seeing the doctor and probably wouldn't have gone had I not been pregnant. I was really bothered about taking antibiotics while pregnant but doctor says it's fine and it's best to nip this in the bud before it develops further as I'm 36 weeks pregnant so all I would say is just keep an eye on things and see gp if you get any worse......better to be safe than sorry.

This is sooo weird, this morning when I woke up I thought I could sense a cold or something brewing, having stopped sniffing :(, I'm 38weeks too. Maybe its a 38weeks thing xxx

I'm currently suffering with cold and sore throat. Won't affect LO unless it got much worse, like into a chest infection etc as mummy2b73 mentioned. Just have to be very careful what medication you take that's all.

I had one a couple of weeks ago - mw said honey and lemon etc and paracetamol and no vicks!

Hope you feel better soon :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back