August 23 due dates

Unicorn

Reaction score
Hi ladies, is there anyone else with an August due date? Our EDD is the 20th and just to let you know a little about me I'm 39, live in South Wales and this is our third baby, after a very difficult fertility journey over many years so we're absolutely thrilled to actually be on the road to having achieved our much wished for family.
So I'm 9 weeks now, look about 7 months, it's honestly crazy how big I am and I've got a bit of nausea and extreme tiredness but I'm doing ok! I had my booking in appointment a week ago yesterday and have an appointment with my consultant on Monday as I need a cervical cerclage in pregnancy and then I've got an appointment with the antenatal clinic the day before I turn 13 weeks for a scan and then will likely have surgery the following week, so all go! Oh, and we had a scan about a week and a half ago and saw our little blob, in the right place with a strong heart beat so were very relieved at that :)
It would be lovely to share this journey with anyone else around the same stage? Xx

If no one joins you with an August due date thread then we could do a combined August and September due date thread? There’s only 2 of us over in the September due date thread.

Congratulations on your little miracle!

Do you have a bump pic?

Sounds like you have a busy few weeks ahead! Hope it all goes well x

I second that ... I could be end of August if this baby goes like it's 2 sisters who both came a week early xx

Thank you, but certainly seems a bit over the top for 9 weeks :rotfl: xx

That's mine today at 7+6 although from my scan last week I still think I'm further along . Dont mind state of mirror lol its never used ive put it on living room window to get the pic lol Xx

Screenshot_20230119_150407_Gallery.jpg

Well that definitely seems more reasonable :) xx

Aaarrrggghhh, I bloody hate pregnancy, it's so scary! A couple of hours ago I started experiencing pretty uncomfortable low down pain on and off and when I went to the toilet I lost what looked like some of my plug, so I'm now scared that my cervix is failing!
I've contacted my consultant midwife who's been really reassuring that it's likely to just be normal settling in and hormonal changes and I've got a cervical assessment on Monday anyway! So I'm just going to take it as easy as I can with 2 young children over the weekend xx

Aaarrrggghhh, I bloody hate pregnancy, it's so scary! A couple of hours ago I started experiencing pretty uncomfortable low down pain on and off and when I went to the toilet I lost what looked like some of my plug, so I'm now scared that my cervix is failing!
I've contacted my consultant midwife who's been really reassuring that it's likely to just be normal settling in and hormonal changes and I've got a cervical assessment on Monday anyway! So I'm just going to take it as easy as I can with 2 young children over the weekend xx
Aw I hope everything is going to be ok! Try to take it easy x

Awww keep us posted and definitely lay low and attempt relaxing with the littles!

Thank you, I will and I really hope everything is ok with you too Sarah, I honestly think there's nothing to worry about xx

Which baby is this hun? I didn't loose any till I went into labour with willow but with river I was losing it every day from half way thru . Midwife was not concerned she said your body will produce more they are only concerned if its filled with blood. It was clear and some times green like pure thick snot all time and the day I was in labour it was pure thick snot wirh blood in it so don't worry hun unless you have blood in it cos you'll just produce more . I was always phoning them over it wirh river thinking I was guna loose her I won't be worried if it happens this time round xx

It's baby number 3 but I've got an incompetent cervix so it could be a sign of my cervix failing xx

Hopefully it's not hun will a stitch help If it is ? Xx

Thank you, yeah, hopefully I'm just overreacting! I definitely feel reassured after speaking with my consultant midwife this evening! Yeah, I'm booked in for a cervical assessment on Monday which will then inform them of how urgent the stitch is! I had it at 13 weeks last time but they think they might want to do it earlier this time xx

Ive just had my booking in appointment over phone for last hour, she's just said I'll probably need injections from 28 weeks lovely jubbly lol and I'll be consultant led again. She's guna phone me Tuesday after noon as jm in hospital Tuesday morning with my bloods and bmi and all that jazz. How you feeling today lovely? Xx

What are the injections for?
I'm doing ok thank you, I'm feeling a lot more comfortable than yesterday and haven't had any more loss! I'm thinking I might see what my consultant midwife says about upping my progesterone if I'm uncomfortable again this evening as I'm currently only taking it at night! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back