***August 2016 Mummies***

The 18th will defo be exciting then with so many scans that day.

I honestly don't have a feeling what I'm having this time. With my daughter I was convinced early on she was a boy until 20 week scan said differently lol. This pregnancy is very similar to my daughters, symptom wise (or lack of symptoms I should say) and cravings, can't get enough sweet stuff, choc and cake etc, which I normally hate lol. Will be interesting to find out, especially with the similar pregnancies.

How is everyone? xx

My pregnancy is also the same as my first which is why I'm betting I'm having another girl! I'm less sick now, down to around twice a day which is nice! Haha how are you xxx

I'm okay thanks, waiting for the plumber to leave so we can go out. Looks like we may miss play group at this rate so we may be going soft play area instead. I hate waiting in as Harper gets bored and so do I lol. Puts us out of routine! Xx

Yey were 14weeks today girlies due 5th August.
How you all doing? Xx

I know such a great milestone! Yay! I love Fridays - nice shiny new week in pregnancy! Yippee! Not gonna lie, last few days have been rough. I'm very sick again after having a few days of only being sick a couple of times - what a tease of what normality felt like!

My best friend had her baby yesterday. Was a nice quick labour and birth and she's home with her little girly.

Sadly, I lost my Grandad today. I am numb to it at the moment... My emotions are a bit all over the place about it. He only found out he had cancer last week and the doctor gave him a year. So it was a big shock to our family. Xx

Sorry to hear about your grandad, big hugs. Xx

I'm feeling relatively normal at the mo symptom wise but I'm so tired, Harper has been waking at 5am the past few mornings and refusing to nap in the day! I cant keep up with her. I've been having really painful hips and knees the past week or so. I have hyermobility syndrome anyway and always had trouble on and off with them, had knee surgery on both my knees, but just lately I've been in agony. My right knee constantly feels like its going to collapse. Xx

Aw Flexi thinking about you :( we're not due date buddies anymore :( sonographer nearly put me back a week but thankfully said last minute I'm just going to check that measurement again and it's only two days so I'm now due 8th August :) she gave me 8 pics and I was in there for about half an hour as she was so thorough. It was lovely :) xx

Forgot to add my pics!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 10
More :) xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 7
Fcroxy 5am?! I feel your pain :( :( xx

Yes 5am for the past 3 days now.. I'm exhausted! Thankfully she's off to the inlaws for the day today so ill be getting into bed and staying there until she returns this evening!

Lovely scan pics, very clear xx

Thanks guys. It's sad but at least he's at peace and no longer in pain.

Aww Gill it's only a few days behind! It is amazing isn't it :) I really can't wait til the next scan. I've got 5 weeks and 6 days not that I'm counting lol!

Roxy that's not good, did you have SPD last time? It's not nice is it... Especially knees I hate having achey knees :( bless you I hope Harper is more sympathetic and waits til at least 6 or 7 to wake you up! Nothing worse is there - Sofia luckily is the type to be dragged out of bed and always has been so I've counted my blessings and pray my next one will be just as good at sleeping! Xxx

I never got spd last time, my hips and knees were bad last time but more towards the end. Not this early on! I think I'm in more pain this time as I had my knee surgery on my right knee when Harper was about 8 months old and recovery time was a lot longer, I think due to not being able to rest as much with a baby, so my right knee has never been right since tbh.

Harper has always been a rubbish sleeper. Up until about 14-15 months old she was still waking every 2-3 hours! I think the first year of her life I had about 3-4 hours broken sleep a night! The past 6 months she has been better and will only wake once or twice a night, which I don't mind. Its the 5am wake ups that's killing me atm. Especially as shes at the stage where she's trying to cut out her nap so its a very long day. I am really hoping this one sleeps better than Harper, i think id loose the plot through sleep deprivation if the other one sleeps like Harper does lol. Me and OH joke that Harper will be awake at night more than the new baby ha xx

Last edited:
I'm so sorry about your grandad lexi, hope your okay or as okay as you can be.
Hope you manage to catch up on your sleep today roxy.
I'm off marternity clothes shopping today, even if I only end up with a pair of jeans I'd be happy, our local town isn't very good. New look, amd other shops have stopped there marternity sections so we're off to Trafford centre :) xx

I never got spd last time, my hips and knees were bad last time but more towards the end. Not this early on! I think I'm in more pain this time as I had my knee surgery on my right knee when Harper was about 8 months old and recovery time was a lot longer, I think due to not being able to rest as much with a baby, so my right knee has never been right since tbh.

Harper has always been a rubbish sleeper. Up until about 14-15 months old she was still waking every 2-3 hours! I think the first year of her life I had about 3-4 hours broken sleep a night! The past 6 months she has been better and will only wake once or twice a night, which I don't mind. Its the 5am wake ups that's killing me atm. Especially as shes at the stage where she's trying to cut out her nap so its a very long day. I am really hoping this one sleeps better than Harper, i think id loose the plot through sleep deprivation if the other one sleeps like Harper does lol. Me and OH joke that Harper will be awake at night more than the new baby ha xx

Gosh that is unlucky with Harper! Christ I don't realise how lucky I am with mine... She was always lazy and sleepy haha she will even nap after school and still go to bed at 7 lol you wait though I will have a crap sleeping baby and you will have an amazing sleeping baby! Lol good luck xxx

I'm so sorry about your grandad lexi, hope your okay or as okay as you can be.
Hope you manage to catch up on your sleep today roxy.
I'm off marternity clothes shopping today, even if I only end up with a pair of jeans I'd be happy, our local town isn't very good. New look, amd other shops have stopped there marternity sections so we're off to Trafford centre :) xx

Thank you, I have never lost a grand parent before so it is weird now.

I am also off to town later, I need some tops for work as mine rise up now and don't want my belly sticking out lol, and yeah I want some jeans. H&M are meant to be good for maternity so I am gonna head there. I never got on with new look clothes, not even their maternity last time I was pregnant.

I am about to finish painting Sofia's bedroom, luckily she chose a nice mint green so fairly neutral if we have a boy lol, trying to get her room done, carpet and furniture over the next week so it is one less thing to worry about and pay for before the baby is born! xx

Did you ladies manage to get some maternity clothes? I really struggled to find much last time, my local shops in town stopped their maternity clothes too so had to travel 40 miles to get anything. Joys of living in a small seaside town with next to no shops! I didn't bother with trousers last time, just wore leggings or pjs towards the end lol xx

Will they be sharing rooms lexi? Ours will as were in a two bed atm. We rent so if we do have a boy will probably look to move in a few years to a 3 bed. I'm hoping our landlady will have a 3 bed property as she owns loads of houses locally and a really good landlady so would be a shame to change landlords or go through an agent.

If we do have a boy tho we would have to decorate harpers room for the time we do stay here as its very girly, pink and fairies. Would probably go for a jungle or animal theme xx

Hey! I ended up not going to town and glossing skirting boards instead! Lol.

Yes they will be sharing, same situation as you. I'm a housing association tenant so I have to do a mutual exchange to get a bigger place but I'm fussy on area because I love it here and the school Sofia has settled into etc. Yeah you should speak to your landlady and see what she can do for you! Would be right handy if you didn't have to find something new through agents!

How do you feel about the room share thing? My mum is horrified at the idea but she grew up wealthy in a very big house lol something we don't have the pleasure of... I'm thinking baby in our room until full nights are being slept through xx

Ended up coming home with stuff for baby instead.
Every shop only does online but Trafford centre is huge so it's crazy how they dont do marternity clothes when there's so many shops!!
I'm so uncomfy in my normal pants desperate for some marternity ones so gonna have to look online asap!! Xx

Maternity clothes are so hard to come by in shops, strange really. I hate buying clothes online as never know if the sizing will be good etc, especially when putting on weight too. I may have to buy a few tops tho soon as some are becoming short and not sitting over bump properly.

I'm the same as you lexi, I love the location of our house, 5 min walk to beach and big play area. Close enough to town but not right in town, 2 min walk from the school I wanna get Harper into. I do love our house and would rather not move. I'm happy for them to room share but for how long depends on sex of baby, my brother and sister shared for a long time, there's 13 months between them. If I had a boy I would probably want them to have their own rooms after maybe 3-4 years but if it were two girls I'd be happy for them to share for longer. Depends really how they get on etc. I would defo be keeping baby in with us until they are sleeping through, as Harper is such a bad sleeper I wouldn't want baby to wake her or her to wake baby if she's still waking during the nights. Xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back