***August 2016 Mummies***

You'll get to 20 weeks with a breeze don't you worry lovely - haha I know it's so tempting to find out isn't it hence why I am going to find out. I think it might be you know! Xxx

I know what you mean lexi, I feel like I know it's a boy but if anyone asks I say girl! I have 3nieces and I no in laws would love a grandson!

My private scan is March 5th and my NHS scan is April 1st! Seems ages away!

Hey 2 more weeks in tri 1 for me but I had to chime in on the slings, I have several Kangaroo Korner slings, they are the best slings on the planet. I'm in the US and I have only found them in second hand stores as they don't make them anymore. Check eBay for them they are amazing, my daughter absolutely lived in hers the first 6 months of her life!

Thanks Kholl! sounds good I shall take a look!

Nickinakinoo tell me about it - even though mine is in like 5 weeks I still feel I have a really really long way to go! Saw my best friend's 5 day old baby today and I just want my baby in my arms already! She had a really good birth, got to hospital when she felt she couldn't cope any more and lo and behold she was 10cms! had her within 50 mins of getting to the hospital! So lucky!

I know this pregnancy will fly by, and I am really wishing the time away which makes it seem like its going slower but I cant help it. Last few days I have felt really really sick again, I feel groggy and very tired, all tri 1 all over again! I wish I didn't have the sickness to be honest I could handle all the other symptoms but today I have been sick quite a lot, same as yesterday and the day before, I just want it to go away. The only thing that is remotely helping are sea sickness bands xxx

My goodness prams?! I really am so last minute - I didn't start buying anything for my first until about 30 weeks and as we'd decided we weren't having any more because of his additional needs we gave it all away so starting from scratch. I think if I have an early gender scan and know what we're having I'll have the kick up the bum needed to make a start!!! I'm seeing the consultant midwife on Friday to discuss a planned section. Apparently I've got to state my case - as if being in labour for four days and nobody being able to tell me that struggling with labour for so long is or isn't the cause of my sons development delays might not be a good enough reason :( :( xx

Last edited:
Aww GillM I hope you can get your section... Definitely don't want to be doing that again do you! That's far too long. The only reason I am being super organised is because we are going to be strapped for cash when baby comes. We thought we will buy everything now, we have decorated the flat and then we are going to save hard from this months pay check. It's going to be pretty tough on us financially so we need money to fall back on. Xxx

I thought I was imagining it's he night before last, particularly because the sonographer said that I prob wouldn't feel movement until quite late on because of where my placenta is laying, but last night as I lay down in bed the baby started properly disco dancing!! Not subtle popping or fluttering - big proper movements that changed direction every time I placed my hand on my stomach!! It was lovely :) :) I won't be saying that when I get kicked in the ribs though!!!! Xx

That's lovely gill you've had movements. I've had some subtle popping etc but nothing big yet, can't wait to get proper movements.

How is everyone?

I've had a headache for days now and feel totally exhausted. I'm freezing cold too, even tho I have 2 tops, a jumper and my dressing gown on. Heating has been on for hours too but I can't warm up. Have felt like this for days now :( xx

Hello ladies. 13 weeks 5 days today. So pleased to finally get to this point. Bump starting to show a little now. Will be staying team yellow.
On the topic of buying things, I'm going to The Baby Show in London on the 21 st February. Hoping to get some ideas of exactly what I want. I went 6 years ago, it was a lovely day out but already had my boy. There are a few up and down the country in the next few months, maybe worth going. 2 adult tickets cost £23. Also paid £5 extra for 3 editions of Prima Baby Magazine which I thought was good value. X

Aww I wanted to go to the baby show too but I have my daughter that day and I don't think dragging a 5 year old around that will be much fun... I don't have much left to buy so I think I will just wait to find out what I am having then do the rest of the shopping.

I can't believe I am already 15 weeks today! The last few weeks have absolutely flown by for me I felt like I was lingering for ages lol, I am so excited that my 20 week scan is 5 weeks today!

I am also exhausted Roxy but today I was sick only once, I have started taking my anti sickness tablets again and I feel brand new today! I have eaten fish and chips for dinner - I haven't managed one whole dinner since 9 weeks and I feel half normal! I have waves of this but I hope this wave is here to stay haha!

Anyone else still sicking? xx

Omg the forum being down has been pants, how are you all doing?

I know I was having withdrawal symptoms!!!! Xx

Its finally working again! Glad I'm not the only one having trouble getting on the forum. I remember it was down for a few weeks back in 2013 when I had my daughter. Xx

I think it's time for me to move over to tri 2 now, I'm 13+3.
Feeling so much better, sickness virtually gone and getting some energy again. We have a gender scan booked for 7th March and next NHS scan is 22nd March.

I wondered why I haven't even able to get on here! Haha how are you all? I've got a really bad back :( this is normal for me though.... Just hoping it doesn't get really bad later in pregnancy - I need to still go to work!! Xx

Hope your back eases lexi. I'm sick of work, they're restructuring and people are taking redundancies and it's all getting a bit much for me! We're going to look at proms and nursery furniture tomorrow but I really don't have much enthusiasm for it at the moment which for a shopaholic is shocking!

Oh no Nicki! What is your position looking like at work? I hope you can keep your job stable its so scary when that happens!

Haha yeah shopaholicness comes and goes with pregnancy I am also in the attitude of "oh we will just deal with it later" and I know we will get to like 38 weeks and I will be wishing we did it all much earlier lol xx

My back is okay today and i have a whole day off so that helps a lot xx

How is everyone? I've been so rough this week with a cold and headache but starting to finally feel better today.

I've only bought a 6 piece set so far (hat, sleepsuit, vest etc). Were waiting until 20 week scan to buy more. In my last pregnancy I had most things bought before 20 week scan, how times change lol. Went through some of harpers old bits today and sorted out the gender neutral bits ready to be washed closer to the time. If we have another girl will be using it all but trying to get a bit organised before scan. I still gotta get in the loft and get out her little baby clothes and bouncy chair etc. Don't have a clue where any of its gonna go as Harper has got so much now, I haven't thrown anything!, and our house is small! Plus they'll be sharing rooms so trying to sort a lot of old toys etc that's not being used anymore because there's no way a cot will be fitting in there anytime soon. Xx

Woohoo officially stepping into Tri2!! Hello all :wave:

Had my 12 week scan, measuring a day ahead at 13+2 and had one very active little baby!
IMG-20160218-WA0002_zpsxgqeiocz.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back