• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

At a loss...feel like crying :(

emma_85

Reaction score
For the past 5 weeks (Elliot is 15 weeks) Elliot has been having disturbed sleeps after sleeping through from 8.30 to around 5.30, when he used to have a feed then sleep for another 2 hours before being wide awake! It began he started waking at 3am for a small feed (3oz) then going back to sleep until 5.30 with another small feed, back to sleep for another few hours. This lasted 2 weeks and I assumed it was a growing spurt. Then he began to wake at 2am, 4am then 7am - he has been dribbling, chewing fingers etc so I was convinced it was his teeth. So I have been treating him with anbasol and Ashton and Pasons teething powder before bed. Only to be told by the Dr yesterday, he isn't teething as he is too young and because the yellowness was at the back of his gums not the front! He would be a miracle 1st time baby to cut a tooth here first apparently!
Now the past 3 nights Elliot has gone from (just about) copeable 2 x nightime wake ups to waking every 2 hours :( I have a routine with him, which I've done since birth - bath at 7pm, a quiet story on Mummy or Daddy's knee, a 5oz bottle (wont take anymore than this before falling asleep!) he then goes up to bed between 8.30 - 8.45. His 'new' wake ups have been 12.30am, 2.40am, 4.30am, 6.15am and wide awake at 7.30! During the night he feeds just 1oz before falling asleep, i thought he was just wanting to soothe, but if I try to give him his dummy he spits it out and cries.
I'm just at a real loss! His sleeping patterns should be improving not getting worse! I just don't understand what is unsettling him at the night time at all. Feeling like the walking dead :(

Have you tried leaving him to see if he self-settles?
The other thing you could do which you might not like is controlled crying. I did it with my daughter and it only took 3 nights to get her sleeping through.

I have tried leaving him and he just gets himself in such a bloody state he is literally choking on sobs. I've heard of controlled crying but not entirely sure what it is??? Willing to give ANYTHING a go! lol

I have tried leaving him and he just gets himself in such a bloody state he is literally choking on sobs. I've heard of controlled crying but not entirely sure what it is??? Willing to give ANYTHING a go! lol

I have a PDF called sleep sense if you want to have a read x

I know the doctor said no, but it does sound like he's teething. Doctors have no room for movement, oscar is teething, all on the top row is full of teeth but none are cutting through so up theres to the bottom teeth always come through first lol

Can't really help though, oscar usually wakes between 1-3am for feeding. I miss waking up naturally lol

esoames could i have that pdf please i'll send you my email address if thats ok x

ah I don't have any answers hon other than that I think it must be harder when they have slept though and then stop doing it. Owen was waking for 2 feeds a night til about 4/5 months and only just in last few weeks we're getting there with sleeping through!! Think it's really hard when you get used ot it and then it goes unsettled again. Maybe it is teeth>? moving through the gums or something? hope you get some answers and the sleep improves!

cud he be hungry?? as in maybe getting to the age where starting to need weaned or maybe bottles upped during day?? xx

cud he be hungry?? as in maybe getting to the age where starting to need weaned or maybe bottles upped during day?? xx

Nope he isn't hungry - he has hungry milk and has been having porridge in the morning for about 3 weeks - i too thought it was hunger, hence starting the porridge.

Hi Emma, hope LO is getting on a bit better? Had a quick google and though it seems rare, babies can cut molars first xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back