Artificial insemination at home

I ordered some soft cups, I h ave them here now but they just look huge! lol Haven't attempted to put one in yet.

My plan is to inseminate with a syringe then pop a soft cup in to keep therm there lol

x

Terri

Im confused by your ticker, Have you had your baby now?

x

I'm the derbyshire end off Sheffield. :)
I wanted to wish good luck too, I live hearing about successful pregnancy/birthing stories for female couples :)

I'm also from the Derbyshire end of Sheffield :) chesterfield to be exact

I can't see my ticker I'm on my phone! Yes had her 29th sept! Not changed it yet sorry

Hey guys

Wanted to ask all the inseminators some advice.

I had my first donation today from our lovely donor. It look me 35 mins to get home and 'use' it, is that to long, would they still be swimming then? ( i made sure all the windows were open in the car so it was freeeeezing)

Also, my husband helped with the insemination but as soon as we inserted it with the syringe, it felt like it all came out right away, i had to rush to get the soft cup in :blush:

is that normal? As im not sure we got any of it in :wall2:

Got another donation tomorrow and another on Wed or Friday, depending on my temps.

And if this isnt my week for ovulation then i have to do it all again next week lol

x

Hey guys

Wanted to ask all the inseminators some advice.

I had my first donation today from our lovely donor. It look me 35 mins to get home and 'use' it, is that to long, would they still be swimming then? ( i made sure all the windows were open in the car so it was freeeeezing)

Also, my husband helped with the insemination but as soon as we inserted it with the syringe, it felt like it all came out right away, i had to rush to get the soft cup in :blush:

is that normal? As im not sure we got any of it in :wall2:

Got another donation tomorrow and another on Wed or Friday, depending on my temps.

And if this isnt my week for ovulation then i have to do it all again next week lol

x

Hun u need to keep it warm! Between ur legs in the pot is a good idea. 35 mins is fine! It's best to let it go watery before insertion anyway. I really do recommend u put the sperm inside the soft cup first then insert it! Using a seringe just forces it back out!! U can leave the soft cup in for 12 hours and no mess at all :) Worked first time with 1 donation for me :)

ah hi hun!

I did that with today's sample. put it in the cup then put the cup in.
when you did it, did you have your hips and legs raised after or just go about your day?
because I wasn't sure what to do.

thanks Terri :)

x

That's why the soft cup is great Hun :) if u insert it properly so it sits around ur cervix u don't need to do the whole legs in the air thing!! U can just be normal cos it does it for u :) timing is very important! How r u tracking ovulation?

I was using opk but I seem to be getting strong lines every other day. I have pcos so I think it's messing with the tests.

so now I'm just watching my temps and cm

x

Hi Layla
You were right to keep the sperm cold as the swimming wears them out at warm temps. I would normlly leave the syringe in for a few minutes with the sperm in to warm up to stop them getting thermal shock. Do the plunger really slowly then leave the syringe in for say 10 mins lying down then when you are ready to get up put in the soft cup.

Thing is though that they say the sperm only needs 10 mins to make it through your cervix most are up there by 3 or 4 mins and cant survive much longer than 20 mins in your vagina as its to acidic. Once in your fallopian tubes it can then survive many days.
Good luck , you cant lie down near donor? I book a hotel he goes into room does the buisness then brings me the key and sperm is still warm. Saves a frantic drive home!
x Daisy

If u use a soft cup with the sperm already in u have a greater chance of success as the sperm is all in 1 place! U may as well do 1 step rather than 2 to archive the same!?! A seringe can kill sperm instantly when pulling the plunger! Take it from a 1 and only timer :) good luck Hun

Quite refreshing hearing how others do AI :) x

Syringe doesn't kill sperm at all. Keeping it warm when traveling is also not in any guidance .Try reading AI literature .

"U have a better chance if sperm is all in one place" What does that mean? do you have more than one vagina? What study are you quoting here? Ive never come across any research that indicates that 10000 years of human sex where sperm goes into the vagina is less likely to cause a pregnancy than collecting it in a cup because its not all in one place. Please give us the reference so we can read it for ourselves.

I'm not quoting from any reference I'm simply giving advice on how I did ai! It worked first time with only 1 donation and I now have a beautiful baby girl! So I'm simply advising on MY success! It works! I have 2 friends who also have used the same technique!! And it worked first time!

Yes, Layla. Not with a soft cup as yet though. X

I'm going to use the soft cup from now on, less messy. I have been reading up on them and I'm on another forum that been great with this subject

where are you in your cycle? are you using a donor?

x

I'm currently on cycle day 24/11dpo. Had negative tests so far :-( how about you? I'm in a civil partnership and we are using a donor. I'm on month 3 and no luck as yet! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back