• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Arghhhhh! Contractions Again!

Well, I'm here and this is the first time I have had a chance to get online today.

Today has been the most horrendous day EVER!

We went to the Mat Unit at 2.00am this morning and after giving them a wee sample etc, she checked me over, everything is fine with the baby's HB etc but s/he is back to back and that's likely to be causing a lot of the pain in my back.

She also checked my cervix and it is still really high and not at all dilated. She explained that this can happen in the latent phase of labour and that things may progress over 2-3 days or a few hours. Needless to say, we came home extremely disappointed. She told me to eat and drink and for both of us to rest as much as possible. Easier said than done when you are having intense contractions every 4-5 minutes.

I told Matt when we got in to get some sleep because he was still feeling really rough and to be honest, I feel there is no need for us both to be awake all night. There really isn't anything he can do for me anyway right now and I need him to be well.

I eventually retreated at 6am to the Nursery and got myself comfy in the nursing chair with my TENS machine on and managed to nod off for about 2 minutes here and there. Matt was asleep in bed.

At 9.20am I got up and went into the bedroom and managed to prop myself up next to him and we drifted in and out of sleep between contractions. At about 11am I felt a really big one and was making a fair bit of noise which scared the dog who then started barking. Matt jumped up to make him stop and I asked him to let me use the loo before he went in there. So he did..

While I was in there having a wee, I heard a crash and knew instinctively what had happened.... he had passed out in the hallway and looked awful. I couldn't get him up although he managed to get himself to his feet and into the bathroom. I made him just sit on the loo and when I looked at him again, he just looked awful. I was terrified so I called an Ambulance..... I honestly didn't know what else to do. I told the 999 operator what had happened and that I am 40 weeks pregnant and she eventually got Matt on the phone (I guess to try and do some kind of triage on the phone) and after about 5 minutes, the ambulance turned up. The 2 men checked him over (right miserable gits may I add.. not impressed) and then left.

In the meantime, I had called my sister just yelling that I needed help, who in turn called her OH who called my Dad and within 15 minutes, they were all here for us..... bless them!

Since the Paramedics weren't really forthcoming with any information, we persuaded Matt to let us take him to the local NHS Walk In Centre for a better check around 1pm and they had him in there for 50 minutes and checked everything. He felt dizzy again whilst we were there so the nurse gave him some milk and left him to lay down for a while.

We're back home now and he has been in bed since. The diagnosis is a very bad case of flu. He is looking a little brighter but I'm still worried about him. The whole experience has just been horrible.

I'm kind of hoping that Flump doesn't decide to make an arrival tonight as Matt can't really drive when he is like this and I would feel happier knowing he is better anyway.

oh no, thats proper flu. not man flu!

hope he feels better soon and that your pain eases off too :hug:

flump must be holding off til you're both ready

OMG hunni, what a day poor you and Matt! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Ok ok , Id never normally say this to an overdue pregnant lady but I really hope Flump stays put for a little longer just so Daddy can get better!

I hope all your family are on standby just incase you need them. Thinking of you xxx hope Matts better asap and then Flump can come!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
poor both of you. hope you both feel better soon!
good on you for calling the ambulance, it's just a shame they were no use!

Oh hunni, hope he feels better and flump waits for his daddy to be well before he/she makes and appearence :hug:

Aww Debbie you poor things :hug: :hug: :hug:

I hope Matt is better really soon and I hope contractions ease off for you to give you some rest :hug:

Oh dear Debbie i hope Matt feels better soon and flump gives you a little rest tonight. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

My goodness, you poor things! What a day for you both, you will certainly have a good story to tell flump when s/he is older! Really hope you both get a decent night tonight and Matt is feeling better tomorrow.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: What a day - hope Matt feels better soon and that you are ok and not too stressed. Keep going, it'll be over soon and you'll have little baby with you. x

Aww Debbie that is terrible, hope that flump can stay put for a little while until you and Matt are both ready to deal with it :hug: :hug: :hug:

Oh my goodness what an ordeal!

Hope Matt gets better quickly cause you might not be able to hang on any longer by the sounds of things :hug: :hug:

Oh Debbie, this is awful for you both. I am so hoping now that baby hangs around in there for a couple more days without causing you too much discomfort, that Matt recovers asap and that you finally have a wonderful birth experience.

You SO deserve it hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

that is hardcore debs

you must be exhausted and matt too, oh my god....

take care and i really hope you get some sleep as does matt and he recovers and flump holds out a wee bit

take it easy if you can and things will all seem worthwhile when you have flump in your arms
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back