Arghh please make the itching stop!!!

-Cat-

Reaction score
Im going mad, under my belly button where my strtchmarks are mad, they itch like hell, I cant sleep its doing ym head in I want to rip off my skin!!!

Please tell me something that will relieve this!?!?!?!

Either extra virgin olive oil, bio oil or palmers cocoa butter oil specially for itchy skin.

I use these oils (particularly olive oil) on my nipples which itch me like crazy at the moment.

Hope this helps!

Hi Cat. Is your itch unbearable? do you feel unwell at all?
Just because a friend of mine said she was so itchy towards the end of her pregnancy that the midwife checked her for cholestasis which was something to do with her liver and she had to be induced. this info might help:

What helps: For itchy hands, feet, and belly, the best thing you can do is moisturize often. Any good lotion will do, though some women swear by the special ones formulated for use during pregnancy. PUPP and cholestasis can be treated by prescription medications given under a doctor's care, and, happily, all of these symptoms tend to diminish or disappear after the baby is born.

cholestasis of pregnancy:
a severe itchiness accompanied by nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, fatigue, and possibly jaundice (yellowing of the skin). Cholestasis could indicate a liver problem -- if you have severe itching in the third trimester, report it to your doctor immediately.

Vicky x

well Im pretty sure its not cholestasis as its just itchy where I have loads and loads of strecthmarks under mybelly button, no where else. I have been using Bio-oil daily bit its not helping the itching, I may try olive oil, and just try to mousturise loads!

hi hunny.. well mine have started itching and ive found that it itches like mad the more i scratch... and the itching starts when i out bio oil on and then get dressed. its like my skin cant breath.. so ive swapped and put cocoa butter on during the day and bio oil at night so my skin can breath better.. try that hunny. xx

When mine starts itching I put cocoa butter on it. Just the tescos stuff which is fine. Or if I am having a really itchy day and having to put several applications on then I use baby lotion :)

hi, Cat sorry you itching so much, i have cholestasis, but i only itched a bit on my arms and belly, wasnt vomiting or feeling nauseous or anything like that, its probably just cos your skin has stretched so much, i found a water mist helps with mine and docs gave me aquaeous cream.

Mention it to your Midwife next time you see her cos they can rule out O.C with just a blood test.

Good luck hun am sending you anti_itching vibes

keep your belly well creamed also Camamile cream (Not lotion!) is great too! Can get from Chemist eases the itching! Or I will get you some scratch mittens!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back