argh!!!!

pilkers

Reaction score
I'm so stressed I just want to cry right now.

My solicitor is playing games with our regards to our house move and we're supposed to have exchanged contracts last week and it still hasn't happened. We're supposed to be completing on Friday and we have removals etc booked for saturday. I have been incredibly nice and bent over backwards to get everything in order but now she is insisting that we pay her the fees before we complete on friday or she won't complete which means us paying another £30 transfer fee when we've only just paid one 4 days ago to transfer the deposit. She won't accept cash and if she'd have told us all this yesterday we could have transferred it by bacs and saved £30.

Work is doing my head in cos the guy I work with is an absolute arsehole who thinks he's god's gift and I have to pick up the pieces when he f*cks up. The oven in our rented house blew up 3 weeks ago so we've not had one for all that time and now the landlord wants either me or OH to go home from work early cos he's got someone to replace it (we leave the house on Friday ffs!) and I've just had a barney with OH because he's mad at me for getting stressed :cry: :cry:

Sorry I needed to offload ....feel better now x

i dont really know how it feels with the stress of moving house etc because ive never done it on my own yet.
but just giving you these :hug: :hug: :hug:
can you not meet the landlord? at least you would get off early :hug:

take a big deep breath.n get ur hubby to do it lol

I'm ashamed to say I totally screamed at the solicitor :oops:

Neither of us can get out of work early unfortunately... we work in the same office :roll:

Look at the letter of engagment the solicitor sent you when you first instructed her..it should set out the payment terms. Does it say that you are to pay her fees before completion by bank transfer only?

:hug: :hug: :hug: ignore your landlord - he can sort it! Your solicitor is being very unreasonable - we didnt pay fees before we moved

sounds like your solicitor is playing silly b*ggers... we didn't pay our fees til after we'd completed - we had a final invoice of costs owing with a proper breakdown etc...

can't your landlord just let himself in (with your permission?) - i'd tell him to wait, but i wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of him (too many bad experiences with evil landlords not giving deposits back)?

hope it all gets sorted out for you hon - what a nightmare! :hug:

Even after you complete there is work the solicitor has to do to have the transfer of land registered in your names at the Land Registry. Seems unreasonable to request payment of fees now unless it was clearly set out in the payment terms to you.

The solicitors first letter to you where she says she agreed to do the job and the terms of her work (letter of engagement) should also set out a complaints procedure. Worth bearing in mind if further problems occur (also contacting the Law Society is an option if further problems occur)

Hopefully this can be sorted - buying a property is stressful and you usually expect hassle from the other side's solicitors, not your own.

minxie said:
Even after you complete there is work the solicitor has to do to have the transfer of land registered in your names at the Land Registry. Seems unreasonable to request payment of fees now unless it was clearly set out in the payment terms to you.

The solicitors first letter to you where she says she agreed to do the job and the terms of her work (letter of engagement) should also set out a complaints procedure. Worth bearing in mind if further problems occur (also contacting the Law Society is an option if further problems occur)

Hopefully this can be sorted - buying a property is stressful and you usually expect hassle from the other side's solicitors, not your own.

Thanks for that...I'll have a look tonight when I get in

thats a lot all going wrong!!!

me and my partner are trying to find somewhere to live on our next work placement , we found out yesterday we're going to redditch (we're in blackpool right now) and now we have 10 days to find a flat that also takes a cat, for 6 weeks only, without being in the area....not easy!!

I can really sympathise. We are supposed to be moving into our new house on Friday and got a call yesterday from the Northern Rock saying how they had decided not to give us the full Mortgage offer due to the change in market conditions!!! I nearly had a heart attack! All our stuff is in boxes and we have 2 houses that we have packed up ready to move and we have been desperate to get one house together for about 8 months now but its been a nightmare. So here I am 5 months pregnant, newly married, with 2 houses to pay for and they have just said that we cant have our mortgage for the new house!!! So I have been running about hysterically for the past 24 hours trying to sort it all out cos we could be homeless as one of the houses is sold and my house is unlivable in as we are doing it up! Fortunately I think I have managed to swing it so we get the mortgage again but its been the biggest stress ever.
You just have to keep on their cases. Im fairly sure my solicitor has a dartboard with my face on it in her office, likewise with our estate agents but I dont care because all that matters is we get our house. Just stick with it and - excuse the expression - be like a dog with a bone and dont give up and Im sure it will come good for you.

Good luck hun.
:hug: :hug:

Crikey J-Do! I hope you get everything sorted too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111