are you moisturising???

claireyfairey

Reaction score
Helloooo :)

Just wanted to know what other people are doing to avoid the dreaded stretchies!!!

I am currently smothering Palmers Cocoa Butter massage cream for stretch marks all over my belly and the tops of my thighs every other day (every day more often than not) and massaging the normal Palmers cocoa butter formula lotion into my boobies every other day :dance:

I really hope this helps me avoid stretch marks, or at least make them less extreme, I've suffered badly with them in the past so am quite worried....

C xxx

I am using absolutely everything....Bio oil in the day, cocoa butter in the afternoon and olive oil in the night. I do miss my odd days but this is the usual routine...but I am also prepared for - if they are gonna come they are gonna come...but atleast then I will have known I tried!

I keep umming and aahing about buying bio oil...it's quite expensive....does it work??

C xxx

Well I've been using cocoa butter balm but I really need to get the cream so it's easier to rub it. I do love the smell of it but I need to be more regular especially now I seem to be having a mini growth spurt!

I have heard through that if you're gonna get them you will get them no matter what you do. I have always moisturised before pregnancy - I use Johnsons baby oil with vitamin e and aloe vera which I think is good anyway. I will get some bio-oil for later on in the pregnancy and have some LUSH bodyshop ones as well.

I have nothing to rub it into at the moment but soon as I do I have a big pot of coco butter moisturizer stuff ready :)

I'm taking extra zinc and Vitamin C supplements to try and prevent them from the inside, and using Earth Mama Angel Baby Body butter in the morning and their stretch oil in the evening. It's pricey but I was using Palmers Cocoa Butter and wanted something more natural which the earth mama stuff is. Have also bought some Vitamin E oil capsules (to snip open and squeeze onto my belly) which I am starting to use this week

I already had some existing stretch marks on my hips from a few years ago when I was bigger, so I am unfortunately susceptible to them. Hoping to avoid any more!!

L xx

I don't use anything :oops: I'm quite lazy when it comes to moisturiser and it makes me feel sticky and uncomfortable. I know I should though, just as it keeps the skin supple. I have stretch marks on the tops of my legs, but not on my bump. I think stretch marks are genetic, and if your gonna get them, your gonna them. xx

I hate moisturising so I use Lush King of Skin body butter in the shower. It locks in moisture, smells lovely and seems to keep my skin soft. I also got some Bio-oil but I don't use it that often as I find it too runny and it seems to get everywhere.

I've been using bio oil daily as well as other stuff in between... and i'm sorry to say i have TONS of stretch marks! Some people are just prone to them!

I started using Bio Oil and quite liked it, but the other month Superdrug did Coco butter on offer and i brought some and have to say i have left the bio oil and only use the cream now.

Gona let out secrets i wasnt going to now :oops: i got marks were i previously did IVF injections on my belly and have noticed over the last few days that these seem to be going since using the coco butter!! :cheer:
So i would say butters best!!!

I've been using bio-oil everyday on my belly for a while now, i dont have stretch marks yet, but i do have previous ones.

I've noticed my scars from my belly peircings have faded quite a lot, but im not sure if that cos the skin has stretched or cos of the bio-oil. I do love it though, i rub in the bio-oil then put my bump band on and wear it all day, when i take it off the skin is all moisturised and soft. Even basby daddy commented on how smooth it was.

Knowing my luck next week i'll be complaining about stretch marks appearing lol

I've been using Mama Mio tummy rub stretch mark oil, and so far no strechies on my belly. I do have some on my boobies that came before I started using it but they haven't spread and even look a little bit better than at first. It smells lovely too but isn't cheap, they also some products that 'repair' stretch marks which are supposed to be brilliant.

Alex xxx

I've been using palmers cocoa butter every morning and have no stretch marks yet.... I do have them on my hips and boobs from weight gain when I was younger so i guess I'm prone to them... here's hoping I won't get any this time...

J
XX

I've only got stretch marks appearring on my boobs :roll:

Have been eratic with the Palmers though- sometimes I just forget!! :doh:

I think that if you're going to get them then there isn't much you can do about it! :wall:

I'm using Body Shop body butter all over, esp boobs and belly. No stretchmarks so far so fingers crossed! xx

I am using the Clarins oil, it's fab. I used it with my son and din't get any stretch marks so really hoping that it works this time too :pray:

Xxx

Wow :) Good to know there's lots of us using the old Palmers. I LOVE the smell, but sometimes find it a bit sticky,. My skin is lovely and soft though, particularly my boobs :rotfl: which is quite funny I guess!

C xxx

I'm using bio-oil twice a day (most days) unless I have a bath or shower when I cover myself in Body Shop cocoa butter afterwards.

But I think I'm going to get them anyway. My tummy is starting to get kind of prickly and itchy... not a good sign methinks. Hey Ho. :|

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back