Are you a nursery nurse?

Eveadel

Reaction score
Im interested in a career change and would like to train to be a nursery nurse. I would like to work with newborns in hospital or by assisting health visitor or in a childrens centre. What training do I need and how long will it take?

hi hun, i'm not a nursery nurse but am a student nurse, i think you can do a course in childcare and it takes about 2/3 years, then there are other courses which follow that like nursery nursing etc and they take another year or so.

sorry i can't be more help xxx

hi hun

im a nursery nurse so if i can help i will with any questions you have,

iv done a level 2 in childcare and then done NVQ3 in childcare through my work,

there are many ways you can train for me personally i found doing the NVQ through work lot easier as i started doing a diploma in childcare and education through full time college years ago and placement which is about 2 years to do, but found i needed more practical side of things for me anyway.

but with my NVQ took me 18 months and you can get it done quicker i think, but its about 2 years to train to become fully level 3 which is what you will need.

if i can help any more just shout or PM me :hug: :hug:

hiya, im a nursery nurse, i did my nvq 2 which took a year and then my nvq 3 which took a year i did it at night college whilst workin in a nursery full time.
you can be a community nursery nurse with ur nvq 3 which is like a health visitor assistant type thing. u do the 12, 18 month assesments and weighing etc.
uw ould have to do ur health care assistant or nursing to work in a hospital tho. hope that helps u xx

Hiya,

I did my nursery nurse trainning in 1999 and I did 2 years at a further education college and gained both an NC and an HNC in Childcare and education. Our training was mostly up to the age of 7 years old and there wasn't all that much baby stuff as I chose to study more the admin side

I would recommed that you make an appointment with someone at your local college amd they will be able to advise you on what courses they have to offer that could help you get into thr career you want.

All the course names are different depending on the area you live in and also how long ago you got your certificates. xxx

im a qulfied nursery nurse i did the cce and then the diploma in childcare and education at college it was a full time couse and lasted two years.

I used to work as a nursery nurse. I did the Diploma In Childcare And Education which took 2 years to complete. You do 3 days at college and then 2 days at a placement, you get a lot of experience over the 2 years working in schools and private day nursery's and work with a number of different age groups. There is a lot of written work involved such as assignments and observations. I didn't stick with that kind of work in the end as I got bored once I'd qualified and decided to go on to something different but I know a few people who have been doing it for years and absolutely love it. Good luck if you decide to go ahead with it :hug: :hug:

Thanks girls. :D

So could I do the studying part time at night college and go to a work placement in the daytime?

I didnt realise I would have to do nurses training or become a health care assistant before working in a hospital setting? So would I have to do all the nurses training aswell??

Have a look at this job advert - http://www.jobs.nhs.uk/cgi-bin/vacdetai ... =912085260

This is the type of work I would like to do :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back